Special Offers
Special Offers
Kaktusan Cash
Kaktusan Cash
Plug Rush
Plug Rush

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
rpexternal.php dont get it really

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Rocket Pinger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutch Harry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: rpexternal.php dont get it really Reply with quote
Hey Kaktus

I had a question about rpexternal.php, let say i have a blog www.myblog.com and i want to ad rpexternal.php to let RP ping(www.rpinstalldomain.com/rp/rpexternal.php )

The above url is that the one i put in my blogs? and do i leave the other pings services that i have in my wp blogs out?

And do i have to ad the url of the blog (www.myblog.com) in RP automated sites

Thanks

Harry

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey there,
the external pinging features in RP are to give you opportunity ping your sites when your blogs really update.

1) RPEXTERNAL.PHP
to use that, put http://www.yourdomain.com/rp/rpexternal.php as ping service in your blogging software. You might want to remove the rest ping services in your blogging software if they duplicate with the ones in RP. Go and add your blog exact url to the RP automated sites and click on the "never autoping" checkbox, which will make sure only when your blog software pings RP, it will ping.. This is useful if you want to ping just certain services for that blog.

2) RPTURBO.PHP
to use that, put http://www.yourdomain.com/rp/rpturbo.php as ping service in your bloggin software. You might want to remove the rest ping services in your blogging software if they duplicate with the ones in RP. After that just go in RP->General Settings->Approved Sites and put their the domain of your blog. This way RP will ping your blog with all services in database and lots more faster than the external.php and won't be saving any advanced reports.

Hope this explains it to you..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Jimmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: rpexternal.php dont get it really Reply with quote
Dutch Harry wrote:
Hey Kaktus

I had a question about rpexternal.php, let say i have a blog www.myblog.com and i want to ad rpexternal.php to let RP ping(www.rpinstalldomain.com/rp/rpexternal.php )

The above url is that the one i put in my blogs? and do i leave the other pings services that i have in my wp blogs out?

Thanks

Harry

When I add the url do I need to ad the http://

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: rpexternal.php dont get it really Reply with quote
Jimmer wrote:
Dutch Harry wrote:
Hey Kaktus

Thanks

Harry

When I add the url do I need to ad the http://

where exactly adding the url?
If in RP->General Settings->Approved Sites, you need just the blog domain, if the rpexternal.php to your blogging software, yes you should use http://www.yoursite.com/rp/rpexternal.php

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Jimmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks

oil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay i am currently trying to get smart out of it Smile

so in BO i should remove the ping sites, when i ping with RP
so i would delete all ping services from BO and add just only

domain. com/rp/rpexternal .php
domain .com/rp/rpturbo .php

why is that in BO are more ping sites listed than in RP?
where do i get a list of all ping sites?

thx

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, if you want to make all pings through RP and not BO, delete all services in BO and put only http://www.yourdomain.com/rp/rpturbo.php

then go in your RP, and in "general settings->approved sites" add the domains of your blogs and thats it.

So BO will ping RP when your blogs update and RP will spread the pings to where necessary.

Just RP pings more faster and you have more conrol there.

You can add as many services as you want to both BO and RP, no limitations.

About big services list just do a google, or ask at the boards what people use..

oil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oki here again a question

when i set to do the pings by RP, do i set in BO > manage blogs > a certain blog > Auto Ping: YES ? or NO (i think yes but not 100% sure)

also the RP manual says that the true good value of RP is by automated pinging,
Quote:
This section is the real power of Rocket Pinger.

and automated pinking is the domain.com/rp/rpexternal.php

so this pretty confuses me still, i am honest a short command from you , use this will be enought, since i doubt i will understand it anyway with my current blog knowledge

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let me do some more explanation..

1) Rocket Pinger can do manual hand pinging. You just supply url and title and hit the button.

2) Rocket Pinger can do automatic scheduled pinging, by adding your sites to "Automated Pinging" section. Script will ping the sites according to your settings.

3) Rocket Pinger can do automatic pinging when requested from your blogging software. Thats the external pinging through "rpexternal.php"
To use it, you should add your exact blog url to "Automated Pinging" section again.

4) Rocket Pinger can do automatic pinging when requested from your blogging software and not save any reports and do pretty fast pinging through "rpturbo.php". To use this option you just need to specify the domains of your blogs in general settings->approved sites. This option is used for mass blogging when you need speed.

When you are just getting started, i would advice you to leave BO do the pings. Start blogging, make 10-20 blogs and keep the numbers growing, get used to the stuff and then advance your stuff and let RP do the pings, and BO just aim on its blog operation.

oil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay i was faster, and deleted all BO ping services already and adde RP
so RP will do the job Wink

big thx for the additional info

so for start it would be better to use the external, and see in history if it acutally worked, since with turbo i will not see anything

oil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
3) Rocket Pinger can do automatic pinging when requested from your blogging software. Thats the external pinging through "rpexternal.php"
To use it, you should add your exact blog url to "Automated Pinging" section again.

when i add the site URL to
automated pinging > add sites
it says successfully added,
but when i click on manage sites
it doest show any entries

and part two of the question, shall i add exact url, or exact place of rss feed

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, probably you have written just the url, while it needs url and title in format url||title

it depends what you wan to ping, but mostly you ping blogs, no rss feeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Rocket Pinger All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: