Special Offers
Special Offers
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Question about post resubmission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Question about post resubmission Reply with quote
I'm trying to set up one of my BO blogs so that it will resubmit one post every 7 days, so that the blog might look fresh to the casual surfer. In the blog editor I changed the resubmit frequency to 7 and then for each blog post I changed it to "yes" for resubmit.

What appears to be happening is that every 7 days ALL of the posts are being republished on the same day! Shouldn't they be reappearing every 7 days from the date they were first posted? Or in other words, if a post was published on June 1st, shouldn't it be reposted on June 8th, and a post originally done on June 2nd reposts on June 9th and so on?

Since changing post dates has no effect on the publication of a post how should I attempt to achieve the goal I want, or is it even possible?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,
yes, it happens like that because the posts have already been published on same date..

Have you tried going and editing some posts date, it will affect the resubmission time as said on the edit page? For example, make some posts with date 5 days earlier than the other posts and they should repost within next 2 days, and not 7..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

msm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yesterday I went in and changed the dates of 5 posts with each one a week apart: Jun 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29 but BO ended up reposting all of them at the same time (I had resubmit set at 7 days).

It sounds like you're saying I should only separate the post dates by a day or two so I guess I'll try that.

msm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I figured this out as well as a way to re-order the posts which is something else I've always wanted to do.

I have one blog with only ten posts so I gave each post its own unique date, starting 10 days ago. Then I changed the resubmission number to 12 and after two days each post started to be resubmitted as it should, one per day and in the order I wanted. (Of course this idea probably wouldn't be practical for blogs with huge numbers of posts.)

I would still really love to see the option of changing post order in a future update to BO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: