Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software
Special Offers
Special Offers
Plug Rush
Plug Rush

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Couple of Bugs or Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBBlog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Couple of Bugs or Suggestions Reply with quote
I have been using BA a lot more lately and have seen a few things that are bugging me. Nothing personal overall I love BA and it will make my life so much easier once I get all my stuff in place but here are my problems:

When I make a campaign and have "linked words" these links don't follow the open in new window rule on the campaign. This is really annoying to me personally because I use the link and bold to indicate my sponsors and don't want to have people leaving my site entirely so now almost every post I make has that "traffic leak" not that I get a ton of traffic.

"Bolded words" I'd really like to be able to bold phrases instead of individual words.

Using Bold and Link together for a url example Site.com it will bold the whole "word" but the link only links up to the period picky I guess but I would prefer it bold and link the whole thing.

Open link in new window setting in campaigns don't always seem to work on certain feeds. Can't really see a difference. Do you know of anything that will make this happen or heard of problems with various feeds. So far the only difference I can see is the feeds that I don't edit or review before posting seem to have this issue (may not be relevant maybe just a coincidence) in other words when the option for pick only reviewed entries is turned off.

A nice feature to add would be in the review entires section. When I get in a writing mood I'd love to be able to pick a sponsor and have the script pop up random entries. When you have a feed with 1000 posts I just think this would make things easier. I know I can pick my own random posts but for some reason I think it would help my work process if the script said HERE now review and write this random post from the sponsor you chose. I seem to spend a lot of time right now picking and choosing entries that I like instead of just doing them in order or picking random ones and writing. Does that make sense? I may be the only person in the world who would ever want something like this so feel free to ignore it.

Also when publishing posts to the blogs it would be really cool if the images used could be uploaded to the server the Blog is on when allowed. I'm getting worried about bandwidth when I have all the images hotlinking one my BA install domain but these posts will show up over several domains. I just think it would be nice to have the bandwidth spread across the domains that use the posts. I can understand the reasoning behind having them hotlinked especially if the same post gets posted on multiple blogs BUT there's always the concern that if the BA install domain goes down then all my Domains images for the blog entries goes with it.

That's plenty of little nit picky stuff. Sorry to go on for so long. These really are minor issues and I could live with them just thought I'd give my thoughts since purchasing the full version. Thanks again for your awesome work on this program!

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there,
about the links target i am writing it down to do for next version.

as about bolded words, it works for phrases too, not for single words only.

about the review functionality, you can use the "Entries->Review" It will do the work, just currently it picks the entries in ascending order. for next version i can add random option.

as about image uploading, i am not sure if that can be done in remote blogging. the other option is to make it by myself to do ftp to your blogs, but i avoid using ftp stuff with php, cause it regularly causes big slowdowns and loose performance.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

BBBlog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks sounds great. Thanks for the reply seems I haven't figured it all out yet. I'll get my bold phrases set up Smile

As for uploading I know other remote blogging software is able to upload to WP blogs but I only use WP so not sure on other applications. As an option I think that would be great.

BBBlog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Another Needed Feature Reply with quote
I think it would be awesome to have the Choose Unique entries as an option per campaign. This would make my life so much easier. I have some micro niches that don't get a lot of posts and when that micro niche gets a new post it's text fits so many other keywords on other campaigns that the micro niche campaign rarely updates. If I could tell it to NOT choose unique entries then it would be able to be posted there.

Make sense? Or have suggestion on how I can make this work for now? Even if I could specify entries to go to only specific campaigns that would work also.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
honestly, i can't really understand what you mean. What you mean to be able to tell a campaign not pick unique entries?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

BBBlog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I PM'd you but am realizing now that you may be thinking I want a campaign to NOT choose any unique entries when really I want to be able to tell a specific campaign that it can use previously used entries on other campaigns and new entries. Complicated to describe that I guess.

My PM to you should make more sense.

BBBlog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the follow up I appreciate it.

I've decided to just use the Campaign Chooses Unique Entries "NO" option and I noticed when I switched it back there are campaigns listed at for example 7/7 entries but when I try and execute the campaign manually it says this campaign has no new entries available. Any way to refresh those numbers?

papagmp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
BBBlog wrote:
I PM'd you but am realizing now that you may be thinking I want a campaign to NOT choose any unique entries when really I want to be able to tell a specific campaign that it can use previously used entries on other campaigns and new entries. Complicated to describe that I guess.

My PM to you should make more sense.

This exactly what I need. I added it to the sticky post for change requests yesterday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: