Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
All my blogs are suddenly hanging during loading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mihx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: All my blogs are suddenly hanging during loading Reply with quote
I've just started using BO again - after it's just been sitting with a couple of blogs for two years, seemingly without problems - and now all of a sudden today those old blogs along with the few new ones I've created won't load.

I don't get the typical near instant blank page, rather the browser just hangs during the start of the loading process and never gets anywhere.
I've tried loading the blogs directly from the /boblogs folder under the BO install, and some of them load partially that way, but stalls during or after the main content, before the sidebars should be loaded (and I don't really have anything unusual in those aside from a feed link and recent posts links and some hard link trades).

The BO interface itself loads fine, and I've tried replacing the blogs on a couple of the blog subdomains/folders with simple index.php pages with some text and images (just on the vague assumption that the server might be overloaded, although BO itself is running on the same host), and they load just fine.
So do my few WordPress blogs on the same domains.

So far I've checked file permissions on the BO folders - just in case they had somehow been reset - but they are all 777 (which I assume might actually be overkill?).
I'm not really sure what to do next here? Aside from trying that Curl setting thing, but it seems a bit odd that php includes should stop working from one day to the next (and I actually use php includes for a few other things on the same host, but maybe they work a bit differently).

Mihx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, it must be my host in one way or another. I just tried creating a new folder on one of my domains, uploaded a copy of one of the blogs from the /boblogs folder, and once again the browser stalled before loading the sidebar.

I then copied the same file to a folder on a domain on a different host, and it loads instantly.
Something within my template or post content - on all blogs - must suddenly be causing problems with one of my hosts, although whatever the hell it can be is a bit beyond me.

Edit: Now I've tried cutting out substantial parts of the sidebar content from the test file and uploading it again to the test folder on the host giving me trouble, but it still stalls during page loading. And in fact it now looks like the critical point is the link trades php include.

I better give that Curl option a try - and then get a hold of my host and kindly ask them what the hell is going on here.

Mihx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Damn, using Curl didn't make the least bit difference. And of course the one time in the last 18 months or so I've actually needed to contact my host they aren't available on neither their web based live chat nor ICQ.

Mihx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's working again, although if I understood the last email from my host correctly they haven't actually done anything to neither cause nor fix the problem.
I guess the server was just having a bad day then. I hate it when these things happen.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
if your blogs were on different server from the BO install, probably it was the connection between both servers.

When the BO admin panels works fine, it means your mysql and php is fine, so and your server is fine..

Glad it is resolved now..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Mihx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same server - only different domains.

After I had nailed it down to the php includes I actually did a very simple test to be sure, with one php file including a line of text from another on a different domain (but also same server) - it immediately stalled during loading as well.
And then suddenly everything just worked again.

Well, whatever went wrong at least it was brief Smile.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, sometimes and that happen. Few clients had same problem in the past.. it is either just a temp server problem, or some dns issue on the server itself..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: