Blogs Automater
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
VPS vs Shared Hosting
Topic Tags:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freetwen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: VPS vs Shared Hosting Reply with quote
I was wondering how many blogs could each of these handle? For example, how many blogs could a vps or shared hosting handle without crashing the server and getting complaints from the host? Just wondered if having a vps was worth it?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i can't say exact number for any kind of server. I have clients having really big amounts of blogs on shared hosts, vps and dedicated servers. It all depends.. I personally never see a deal in vps.. if i feel a shared hosting is not enough i directly jump to dedicated box..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

freetwen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: what would be considered big Reply with quote
thanks, what would you consider a large amount of blogs? I currently have 800 and am afraid to go overboard.....

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, 800 is good example of large amount of blogs. The main thing about server load is how you operate the blogs - ie how do you update them. Most resources eating part in BO is the rss crawling and blog rebuilding. So for example if you update your blogs from less rss feeds in normal crawl periods, you will be fine...

Personally, i wouldn't put more then 500-600 blogs in one BO. Not about resource usage or something, but just for the reason if that BO crashes or the server/host goes down for couple of hours, i would prefer to have 500 blogs down, rather than 1k or more. Ofcourse i am not making you buy 2nd copy of BO with this statement, but its always good to think in advance for any worst case scenarios

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

cessation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wouldn't bother with a VPS. Most VPS plans are still sharing resources. You'll usually see they say your guaranteed certain amount of ram or cpu but there's other resources to worry about. If someone goes over on your server or the host oversold you won't be any better off than on shared.

Dedicated is usually more responsive too and it should stay that way unlike anything shared. A good VPS would cost around $50 so might ya might as well spend another 20 or 30 more and get dedicated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: