Plug Rush
Plug Rush
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Blogs are Blank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freetwen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Blogs are Blank Reply with quote
Hi, all my blogs that are using the script are blank... I tested all of them that use blogs organizer and none of them show up, they are just blank. It is not the host because my wordpress installs work fine, I didn't know if something was changed where I host bo or if bo changed itself. When I go to http://www.domain.com/bo/boblogs/blog#.php the blog is there.... So I don't know if something needs to be changed.. this just happened...

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
looks like your host disabled remote php includes when your blog#.php files work fine.

To get fixed, go to "General Settings->CURL Settings" and enable the option there. Do a "Mass Blog Settings->Rebuild All Blogs" and then for each blog you need to grab the linking files and upload them again to the blog location

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

freetwen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: accident Reply with quote
i accidentally pm'd you.. i have 800 blogs, whats the easiest way to do this, and how do i know which domain they go in? I did everything up to grabbing the linking files and uploading them.... I don't know what this means but I use curl to put ads in the sidebars of the blogs and they are not there anymore..... the host says they allow php includes and it worked before.. so i'm confused.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
then there is some other problem. You say your blogs open file like
http://www.domain.com/bo/boblogs/blog#.php

then there's a problem at the blog locations. Something must have been changed or happened on your server for that to suddenly stop working. BO can't make it stop by itself.

go at one of the blogs by ftp and see if the files are there. ask your host support to look at one of them and see why the include to the real blog url at http://www.domain.com/bo/boblogs/blog#.php doesn't work.

there's a chance that there is internal server dns issue or something like that, since you say your CURL ads don't work anymore.

Definitely something happened at your server these days, so the host support is the one who should know better what got changed.

if no luck with them, pm me url and pass to BO admin and ftp access

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

freetwen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote
Come to find out my credit card expired and instead of letting me know or just suspending my account forcing me to pay (i use hostgator) they disabled my curl access which messed everything up. I can't get support to understand what happened. If I make anything new (I create blogs and put the includes using curl in the sidebar) it works but none of the old stuff works. Do you know why if I make something new it is fine but it doesn't work on anything old? My traffic to the sponsor has dropped to about 10% of what it usually is because of this. argghh thanks for all of your help.

Atanasis wrote:
then there is some other problem. You say your blogs open file like
http://www.domain.com/bo/boblogs/blog#.php

then there's a problem at the blog locations. Something must have been changed or happened on your server for that to suddenly stop working. BO can't make it stop by itself.

go at one of the blogs by ftp and see if the files are there. ask your host support to look at one of them and see why the include to the real blog url at http://www.domain.com/bo/boblogs/blog#.php doesn't work.

there's a chance that there is internal server dns issue or something like that, since you say your CURL ads don't work anymore.

Definitely something happened at your server these days, so the host support is the one who should know better what got changed.

if no luck with them, pm me url and pass to BO admin and ftp access

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
huh, thats pretty bad.. One more bad thing about hostgator, no doubt why most people don't like them.

anyways, its pretty weird why anything old won't work. The codes for the old and the new things are same, so it doesn't make sense why it wouldn't work.

Have you had your host support look at one of the files, lets say index.php at one of the problemable blogs and debug and it and see why it doesn't work?

If they can't come up with any fix, you will need to go and grab the linking files for each blog again and upload them.. Try it for a blog or two and see if it works..

freetwen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: linking code Reply with quote
how do I get the linking codes? I have over 800, do I have to do each one individually?

Atanasis wrote:
huh, thats pretty bad.. One more bad thing about hostgator, no doubt why most people don't like them.

anyways, its pretty weird why anything old won't work. The codes for the old and the new things are same, so it doesn't make sense why it wouldn't work.

Have you had your host support look at one of the files, lets say index.php at one of the problemable blogs and debug and it and see why it doesn't work?

If they can't come up with any fix, you will need to go and grab the linking files for each blog again and upload them.. Try it for a blog or two and see if it works..

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
go to "regular blogs->linking codes". there you select the blog and the codes will be displayed. Grab them for 1-2 blogs and upload them and see if the blogs will work fine.

yes, its done manually, no automated way.

freetwen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote
thanks I tried that (using curl and php) and the blog is still blank when I go to the directory... this is so aggravating, all that work down the tubes for now. Smile What else could be wrong? They really screwed me up when then disabled my curl access....

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, pm me url and pass to your BO admin and ftp access to one of the blogs so i can go and debug and see whats up exactly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: