Special Offers
Special Offers
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Help: defined number of posts does not apper on blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varota

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Help: defined number of posts does not apper on blog Reply with quote
So basically I wrote my problem in title but I will provide further info about this:

I'm trying to add first 20 posts on remote WP blog so I set everything, mark all my rss feeds, amount of posts, crawl etc..

BO indicate that I have 20 posts up and also I can see them all when I go to posts section also I checked General Settings -> System Events and everything seems right!

So problem is that BO sends only 10 posts on blog and for example when I define 10 posts in BO he sends only 2-3 on blog

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm thats strange and for surely it is not from BO, but probably a wordpress or other kind of problem, since there were no reports about such a issue till now.

How much posts you have set to be published per rss feed crawl? Could it be some sort of plugin at your WP blocking any too frequent posts to it?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

varota

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How much posts you have set to be published per rss feed crawl? Could it be some sort of plugin at your WP blocking any too frequent posts to it?

I tried at first with 20 posts crawl period 60 so I got 10 posts at my blog, than I tryed with 10 posts crawl also set on 60 but again unsuccessful I got only 2-3 of them! So I don't believe that some plugin manipulate with number of posts showed on blog

Well I will set crawl period on 1440 and 1 post after appearing of that 20 posts but I never came to that stage!

So please I need help, my hoster don't know what to do

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, yes, posting 20 new posts at once surely could trigger any plugin watching for spam..

also script might not publish 20 new entries each hour, if the feed has for example only 10 posts. see how much posts are in the post by default. also if feed has lets say 10 posts and daily 1 new is added, you understand script has from nowhere to pick 20 new posts to publish..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

varota

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok I'm using 4 feed and 3 of them are from same sponsor and just checked from all feed I have 35 posts right now so I tried to import 20 posts on crawl per. 1440 but after 2-3 hours I have the same stats only 10 posts.

Than I tried to do that on blog with no extra plugins but I got the same results! So I'm interested why BO indicate that 20 new posts are up on the blog!

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, best would be to pm me url and pass to your BO admin so i can take a look.

When in the BO admin panel 20 posts are reported as published to the blog, it means BO crawled 20 posts from the feeds and published them to the blog. When at the blog itself there are no 20 posts, it means the blog software for some reason didn't accepted all of them.

varota

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the problem but I don't know how to resolve it!!

When post title look like this: Brenden & TommyD bla bla bla then this post does not appear on blog, something is in this symbol -> & maybe WP block symbols in title I don't know!

Some help please!

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, strange.. didn't have such problems with the & symbol. Will try out tomorrow with few posts having & and will tell you what happens..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: