Links Organizer
Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Future update wish
Topic Tags:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crockett

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Future update wish Reply with quote
A different way of handling sub category pages.

IMO it would be nice if we added the sub categories blog by blog vs having global control over them as it's now set up. I understand why sub cat's are set up to work globally and I think it could still work that way.

However it would be nice to have a second option for each blog separately inside the blog's edit options. Two reasons for suggesting this..

1) Most importantly is to be able to better fit the sub cat pages for the search engines. Right now the sub cat pages carry the same meta and title as the front page. The SE's just look at it as a duplicate page.

I realise there is a %%Category%% tag but that will just post the basic name. It would be nice to have a option to add extra meta and title data for each sub category page.

Reason I sugest to do this blog by blog vs globably is because you wouldnt want all the blogs to have the exact same meta & title tags.

2) If we could make uniqe sub categories blog by blog you could then add things like the models name. This would come in real handy for guys that run blogs for specific sites or even solo model blogs.

For instance I run a nubiles blog.. would be great to be able to add the girls names as sub categories to that spcific blog, rather than have to add them globally. Which of course would cause problems being I'd have to try and figure out which girl goes to which site, if say I had another blog for Met Art and wanted to add their model's names as well.

Just a sugestion for the wish list.

crockett

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow that's a strange forum bug..

I typed "Right now the sub cat pages carry the same meta"

However it's replacing "carry" with "n" even though when I try to edit I see the word "carry"

hummm now you guys are going to think Im' crazy...

the word C A R R Y is being replace with the letter "n"

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol, i don't understand about the bug of the board you are explaining Smile

anyways, about your suggestions, yes they are good ones and make sense, hoewever i am not quite sure if they can be implemented, or atleast to that functionality you explain, because this is mass blogging software and exactly such customizations and stuff are really hard, impossible or technically not available to be done. If it is standalone script just for 1 blog, yeah, everything can be made, but when you create something that need to handle lets say 2000 blogs and having all those functionalities and differences it is really a nightmare.

I am adding this thread in my todo list, but not sure yet what could be done, nor can promise anything..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

crockett

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok fair enough..

on the forum bug.. if you are interrested.

Try to make a post with the word "c a r r y" in it with out the spaces. When you do after it's posted the word gets changed to the letter "n".

I just thought it was a funny bug.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
carry

now its fine..

before i have applied the captchas at the registration page here, some bots were spamming with "car" adverts and i just censored *car*
i removed it now..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: