Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Kaktusan Cash
Kaktusan Cash

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Cron job crashes server.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polosas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Cron job crashes server. Reply with quote
Hey antanasis, i almost didn't get kicked of my hosting because you BO cron tabs lags server and crashes apache and overloads cpu.

Your crons creates connections and leaves them every time and makes hundreds of them per second.....

so do something.
BO problems coasted me more than it worth it self.

i hope you take it seriously .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

zobmaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same kind of problem. "happy" to see I'm not the only one. I hope this bugg is fixed asap because all my blogs are down regularly....

Zobmaster

polosas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok then we wait while antanasis figure out what to do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
to make the cronjobs make hundreds of connections is not a problem in the script, but a problem in your script settings. If you made 100 blogs and set them read from 10 rss feeds each minute, sure you will overload your server. So just use normal settings.

Zob, your problem is not with the cronjobs overloading the server, but something in your mysql that makes the lag. Look at your pms..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

polosas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i told you several times y use exec limits set to 2 (default) and update all my blogs 1440 (default) minutes 2 posts. and it still overloads server.

Its my choice how much feed i choice so you had to make script for many types of choices, but you haven't, so start making it now.

Its only me now what you gonna do when it will be 10 or even more people with same problems as mines ???

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, what exactly connections is making the cronjob. Give me details, give me logs. I and all rest users that have even more blogs and feeds and critical settings don't have such problems, and even if they have when they provide details, they are resolved.

As a matter of fact the cronjobs don't deal with apache, but just with php and tcp connections, so i have no clue why would your apache crash.

I am strongly looking at everybody's problems, and as you can see from the threads all around i am doing my best to remove any kind of problems from the scripts, no matter if its just for 1 user or for 10 or for 100.

You come here and shout and teach me how i should make my own business. Well, you have hit the wrong place man.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

polosas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i now everything will be ok, moved to new faster served qad cpu 4gb ram, so testing now will it crash or not.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay, keep me posted. also take in mind that 90% of the times i received reports about server crashes was because server not configured properly, or other hosting issue. Other reason for crashes were explicit user settings in old versions of the script, but since BO 3.0 where it has cronjob tasks limit that problem is removed.

Its just not normal whole server to go down from executing 3 cronjobs that do simple tasks and die, and they don't do the tasks each minute, but when there is anything scheduled..

oil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have some funny script deleting cronjob in the crontab LOL
my host needed to lock the crontab file, cause quite often some scripts didnt run anymore,

well i doub t it has anthing to do with BO since once all BO/LO cronjobs has been deleted

Jimmer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't had mine set to a minute for a while but if I have them set to a minute and exec limits to 2, I should have no problems correct?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, you should be fine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: