Cheapest Web Software
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Kaktusan Cash
Kaktusan Cash

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Arrow script compatibility
Topic Tags:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trulymadly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Arrow script compatibility Reply with quote
Hi

I am having a little trouble in try to perform traffic trade with arrow script ( not tried a difficult script yet, but I assume the same result ), in one of my blog which is generated by blog organizer.

First of all, the blog I like to perform trading is in a different domain and server to the domain where blog organizer is located, which I assume that is what is causing the problem.

Now according to the documentation of arrow script, I should insert the line:
<?php virtual ("/cgi-bin/at3/in.cgi"); ?>

onto my main page, so I inserted this line as the first line in the template edit section of blog organizer for this particular blog.

Not working, it returns message ' An error occured while trying to process this ....... '

I put this include line, in different places eg, between head tags etc, still not working.
I change the path to absolute path:
<?php virtual ("http://www.nudecelebrity.org.uk/cgi/at3/in.cgi"); ?>
returned error message again.

So now I use just <?php include( "http://www.nudecelebrity.org.uk/cgi-bin/at3/in.cgi" ); ?>
as the first line on the template, it processed, but it seems at3 has decided to put every hit into blocked traffic category.

I investigate and discovered the blocked ip is the ip of the server where the blog organizer is installed. Hmm. may be it is recording a hit everytime blog organizer is doing a rebuild.

But anyway, it is not recording anything else, there are other hits as I discovered by the stats function in blog organizer and through awstats in my server where the troubled blog is located.

Embarassed sorry for such a long message,

So I wonder if there is any way to resolve this? I thought of other traffic script, but the one which use mainpage eg ept... will be even more complicated. And the rest, they all use the include function to track incoming hits.

If you don't think it will work with Arrow script and can suggest a trade script that will track trade properly in blogs generated by blog organiser, will be much appreciated.

By the way, Flesh Adult Blogs looks great Smile

Thanks,
TrulyMadly

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, when the <?php include( "http://www.nudecelebrity.org.uk/cgi-bin/at3/in.cgi" ); ?> worked but Arrow thinks that traffic as not okay, you should install AT on same domain as your blog is. then in the index.php linking file that is uploaded to the blog you should include the arrow php include somewhere on top of the index.php before the BO code. I think that should work. anyways i never used trading scripts on blogs, so i have no experience which script would work best.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

trulymadly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi
Thanks for quick reply but the at script is installed by my host in the same domain already ie nudecelebrity.org.uk

I am very confused with the include syntax however and I think it has something to do with it.

eg. there are <?php include ....
and <? include .....
and <? include virtual ....
and <? @include ......

may be I will try all or them lol and see which one works out, will let you know Smile

TrulyMadly

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, when it is on same server as the blog is, it is important NOT to put the include at the blog template in the BO admin panel, but in the index.php file which is on the blog location.

Difference is that the index.php is at the same domain as the blog is, while the template is at the BO install domain.

yeah and the include code could be problemable, all trade scripts are kinda picky about those includes..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

trulymadly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah good point, the index.php in the blog location. I am so dumb and never thought of that.

I will go mess around with it, keeping fingers cross that I will not start a fire in that server hehe.

Ok, good tip, will update you later. Smile

Thanks,
TrulyMadly

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, cool, good luck Smile

trulymadly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: About to give up Reply with quote
Before you guys read on, I can confirm that Blog Organizer works very well.

I tried to add the include line of AT3 in the index.php file of the actual blog. It works, yes and no.

I am using php curl, as this is the way my blog shows up, otherwise its a blank page.

This index.php file is installed inside htdoc directory, at3 is installed inside cgi-bin directory, these two directory are at the same level.

The following are the results:

1) I added ' <?php virtual ("/cgi-bin/at3/in.cgi"); ?> '
---> Not counting in hits

2) I added' <?php virtual ("../cgi-bin/at3/in.cgi"); ?> '
---> Not counting in hits

3) I added' <?php virtual ("./cgi-bin/at3/in.cgi"); ?> '
---> Counting in hits, but wait .... My blog's layout is messed up and the scroll bar of the browser disappeared.

I am now considering a more inferior trading script instead of AT3, may be it will work. We will see.

But all in all, Blog Organizer is working very well Smile

TrulyMadly

trulymadly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote
Hi, latest info

I tried everything and cannot make it work with AT3, then I tried another 2 trade script that is based on php. Same situation. Hmm am I the only one who wants to use traffic trade scripts here with a adult blog?

The common problem I come across with all 3 trade scripts I tested, is when the scripts counts hits in, the layout of the blog only opens up to 1 window size of the whole length and no scroll bar in the browser. On the other hand when I use different variation of php include code , the layout of the blog is fine, but script not counting.

I think at this point the only way I can take advantage of Blog Organiser's advance auto blogging function, and use a trade script at the same time is to install wordpress on the domain, then transfer template design etc etc, set up the trade script to count hits from there, and use remote blog feature in Blog organizer to post posts there.

Grab a beer, grab 10 red bulls, and I am on a mission lol.

My hosting company is going to hate me when I set up hundreds of different SQL for hundreds of wordpress blogs Laughing

In the meantime, if anyone here has any suggestion that might help, I will send you my case of ready chilled red bull , free Wink

TrulyMadly

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, the deal is that most trade scripts are made so that their IN tracker script outputs information, not just records the hit and thats it.. so when you insert it in the top of index.php at the blog location, it prints its info, even before the headers info.. you can try inserting it at the last line of index.php and see what will happen

trulymadly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Sad

I think I messed around with the index.php too much and now my blog died Sad

only index page showing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just regrab the linking files again and upload to the blog and it will be fixed..

trulymadly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you thank you thank you,

Its fixed, you saved my life Smile

trulymadly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh my God

Now I insert the line after the BO code, even the AT3 work Razz

Kaktusan........ You are the smartest guy I ever known, if I am a girl I would like to marry you but since I am not, ........ where can I send you that case of red bull I got? I don't need to make hundreds of wordpress blog anymore Smile

Blog Organizer is the Bomb Very Happy

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hehe, cool Smile

thanks, just good a word about me and my business is fine enough Smile

enjoy..

trulymadly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No problem, I will post in forum and recommend you and your product if anyone ever ask me.

Smile

rhino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote
You can use a single MySQL DB with multiple WP blogs (at least in v2.2+)... It's buried somewhere in the WP documentation. There's a quick if somewhat cryptic explanation in the wp-conf.php file -

// You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique prefix
$table_prefix = 'wp_'; // Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!

Just edit the $table_prefix line in each blog's wp-conf.php script as follows, then run the WP installation script.

1st blog: $table_prefix = 'wp_';

2nd blog: $table_prefix = '2wp_';

3rd blog: $table_prefix = '3wp_';

Probably a better choice then 1 DB per WP blog, especially if you're going to use a trade script with each blog.

Rhino

trulymadly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Rhino,

Thanks for great tip, I am sure it will come in useful for me, think I will give it a try this weekend Smile

Thanks again,
TrulyMadly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: