Plug Rush
Plug Rush
Special Offers
Special Offers
Kaktusan Cash
Kaktusan Cash

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
new user questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HunkyLuke

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: new user questions Reply with quote
I just bought blog organizer and have a few questions that I cannot find answers to:
- is there any way to have different categories for blogrolls, ie, blog friends, blog directories, etc?
- is there a way to have categories within blogs? I want each blog post to be associated with a category and I want my blogs to list posts by categories
- I want to add a side box with a list of paysites, which will be common to all blogs. This list will be updated regularly, its not a blogroll so I don't want recips checked on them. Do I have to do this manually in every blog's template?
- aside from the "last 10 posts" is there an archive of posts saved permanently? If yes how do I display these?

these are all what I would consider basic blog tools that are within most other blogging scripts. I can't find any of these features, maybe I am missing something.

thanks for your help

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,
blogrolls/blog friends is maintained like hardlink trades on your blogs, so that can be handled from the hardlinks section of the script. As about categories within a blog, thats not available yet, because with BO it is pretty easy to create new blogs directly niched to a single category. I am working on the multicategory thing and in the next version it should become available.
The easiest way to maintain and display the paysite links you want, is to add them as snippet, and print that snippet in your blog templates. So just go and add your sites list directly as html code in a snippet, and just put the snippet variable to your blogs template. As about the archives, you can put %%CALENDAR%% in your blog templates to display the calendar with archives, or also use the %%NEXT_PAGE%% variable for inner pages with archives posts of your blogs.

Let me know if you have any more questions..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i just saw you are having problems integrating it with WPMU as you posted on ADX. WPMU and any other kind of blogs not created by BO, refer to "Remote Blogs" in the script. To learn how to make BO working with these blogs, you can refer to this article:
http://support.cheapestwebsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?t=37

And read second post there, to see how it should be done for WPMU exactly, coz things are little different for it..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

HunkyLuke

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you, I will try these. Its nice to get quality support Smile

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
no problems, i am trying to do my best Smile

HunkyLuke

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
question on snippets, I set it up as follows:
category PremiumGaySites
name %%premiumgaysites%%
and entered my html table with the content in it.

Then I went to my blog and modified the template and entered %%premiumgaysites%% where I wanted that table to be displayed....but it does not display the table. It only displays the text %%premiumgaysites%% on my website.

Does the name of the snippet have to be in some special form?

HunkyLuke

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the answer, it has to be in the same category as the blog. It is working now! This feature is very handy, I think it will solve most of my problems.

HunkyLuke

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok...it was working until I made a small change to the snippet content and now it is no longer working. Am I doing something wrong?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm, it shouldn't matter on the content change, it might stop working if you change the snippet name...

i just tried in my BO what you did - creating a snippet, adding it to blog, changing the content... all works fine. Take a note that if you change the snippet code, it won't take effect immediately on the blogs, since the blog pages are hardcoded static files, and you need to regenerate them, for the new content to appear on them..

keep me posted..

HunkyLuke

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried entering a new snippet and then editing the blog template to the new name, and finally regenerating the site and giving it about 1 hour, but no luck.

HunkyLuke

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i figured out the snippets...fyi, for those trying to get it to work:

- when entering a snippet, chose the same category as the domain is in
- when entering a snippet, call it by a name without %% around it, eg, premiumsites
- when using the snippet in your blog template, call it with %% around it, eg, %%premiumsites%%

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ohh, i see now your problem. When filling the form to add a snippet, you have added its name directly with %%, right? Thats the problemable thing i suppose. Otherwise the snippet will work in any category, not exactly to be from the same as the blog..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: