Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Links Organizer
Links Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
rss feed not showing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: rss feed not showing Reply with quote
Hi,

Im really confused with this program. On March 21 I added a new blog and an rss feed I made from Gallery Scraper. When I look at the feeds url I can see the updates, but when I look at the blog, there are no updates. I dont know how to tell if its working correctly or if I did something wrong. I have gone over the steps everyday to see if it is something I did wrong.. but I just dont get it.

I could really use some help... please.

Thanks,
Terry

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, sure i will help you.

So the GS feed is updating fine, but the BO blog not, right?
When you created the blog does it included any of the entries of the feed at all or no?
Does this happens only with GS feeds or with any other feeds you might use?

If it happens only with GS feeds, make sure the entries in the feed, don't have same titles, ie each post should have different title, because BO considers that as duplicate entry in the rss feed and is not including it in the blog.

Let me know on these questions so i can locate whats wrong.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

terry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
hi there, sure i will help you.

So the GS feed is updating fine, but the BO blog not, right?
When you created the blog does it included any of the entries of the feed at all or no?
Does this happens only with GS feeds or with any other feeds you might use?

If it happens only with GS feeds, make sure the entries in the feed, don't have same titles, ie each post should have different title, because BO considers that as duplicate entry in the rss feed and is not including it in the blog.

Let me know on these questions so i can locate whats wrong.

Right I believe the gs feed is fine, according to the feed: <lastBuildDate>Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:02:55 +0100</lastBuildDate> and in the Feeds Item List I see updates for each day except for yesterday. ??? *im still learning gs as well.

I think maybe my feed is using the same title. I'll look into that one, Im really not sure.

I think my real problem is using 3 of your programs at the same time. The other two are pretty easy. BO is where I got all confused. I need to just try to get BO working and not involve the others. Anyway. I'll try using a new feed from somewhere and seeing if I can get it to update on its own, following the instructions on this board.

Anyway, I have more reading to do I suppose.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see, well BO is easy to use script, just you need to do some reading before, because its pretty widespread script already and having tons of features. And yes, probably your confusion is caused by the thing you try to integrate multiple scripts at once, while you haven't learnt none of them yet. Start learning and playing with the proggies one by one and when you learn the basics then try interracting them. So stick to BO now, create 1-2 test blogs, do some manual posts, do some scheduled posts, try messing up with templates, then try adding a rss feed and make the blogs read from it and etc.. and then try interracting BO with other scripts..

Let me know if i can be in any help.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

terry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, I need some more help.. or a gun so I can shoot myself. can we talk on msn or icq?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, best will be to post your exact questions problems here, because i might not be able to get online on icq these days. My hdd is blowing away and i just got back online after some hours of trying to recover it from a crash and its still not working properly and i expect to crash pretty soon, and tomorrow i will order new one.. So for this reason please either post here your questions, so i can help you even if i am not on my pc, otherwise wait me to get my machine stable again with a new hdd and then talk on icq.

Thanks!

terry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
alright, forget it then. do you offer refunds?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, i can refund your money within 30 days of purchase date.

Why do you want a refund? Usually with a new software you might have problems setting it up and operating it. But i am here to help you get the things going and show you how it works, so you can learn it and use it.
Anyways decision is yours. Let me know your icq number, to try to hit up within some minutes and talk..

Let me know..

Thanks!

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay, i messaged you on icq..

terry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok took your advice and have a better handle on things.

Ok here's my first problem...

I have 2 blogs setup.. one of those blogs should be using a feed I made and the other no feed. But the one I dont want to use a feed is using it, I dont see how to remove it. And the other site I want to update with that feed, isnt updating at all.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay,
well when you go to edit a blog, in the rss feeders section, you have a list with the available feeds. To deselect a feed, just hold the ctrl button of your keyboard and click over the feed you want to deselect, that way you will make the blog you don't want to read from the feed, stop using it. Then hit update to save changes. For the other blog that you want to update, just select the feed from the list and hit update to save changes.

Let me know if that helps...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: