Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Question about formatting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darito22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Question about formatting Reply with quote
Hello
Im using the remote posts, and i noticed that all posts entered by BO send some ???? characters between lines... i really dont know why, maybe its not compatible with some html tags.

Any suggestion?

wait some comments
thanks
damian

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, that is regularly caused due to the characters encoding of the pasted text and processed by the end software, that receives the blog post. Are you copy&pasting the posts content from somewhere or typing it manually?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

darito22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
hi there, that is regularly caused due to the characters encoding of the pasted text and processed by the end software, that receives the blog post. Are you copy&pasting the posts content from somewhere or typing it manually?

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes, im copying and pasting...

first i make it with FrontPage, later i send it to my center blog by a form directly to SQL, after it, i just export it, and select only title and body and past into BO.

I really dont know what part of the code is wrong, to avoid make posts with this code next time.
I think is the align of lines, because wordpress delete it after i post so i think that BO replaces this code.

Any suggestion to next time or i only need to test Smile

Thanks again
DAmian

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, just look at the original code and look at the remote blog, what chars got replaced with the ? symbol.

Well, note via the remote apis, most blog software have limitations and problems reading certain characters. For example the new blogger.com system that is murged under google, took me about 6-7 hours looking why a post never passes, and i finally found that blogger now wants the posts fully xhtml compatible..

keep me posted if you find out something..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

darito22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
well, just look at the original code and look at the remote blog, what chars got replaced with the ? symbol.

Well, note via the remote apis, most blog software have limitations and problems reading certain characters. For example the new blogger.com system that is murged under google, took me about 6-7 hours looking why a post never passes, and i finally found that blogger now wants the posts fully xhtml compatible..

keep me posted if you find out something..

Hello, well i tried to find the problem but i can not now... i can not determinate what characters or tag BO-WORDPRESS are not accepting...
Can you recommend me a good editor compatible with BO and WORDPRESS?

Also, i noticed that BO disabled the HTML EditMode when i press "Blog Now" with remote blogs.
Some days ago i had this feature enabled and it worked fine with html, but now is only text or html code, but when i use html code from frontpage it goes with the "??" between lines.

Wait for your comments
Thanks
Damian

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there the advanced editor for the "blog now" area can be turned on/off from "General Settings->WYSIWYG"

As about the characters and editors, yes the frontpage stuff causes problems somewhere down the line and i am still investigating where exactly it happens and is there something i can put in BO to make it working. As for now just use either the advanced editor in BO, dreamweaver and etc..

darito22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
Hi there the advanced editor for the "blog now" area can be turned on/off from "General Settings->WYSIWYG"

As about the characters and editors, yes the frontpage stuff causes problems somewhere down the line and i am still investigating where exactly it happens and is there something i can put in BO to make it working. As for now just use either the advanced editor in BO, dreamweaver and etc..

thnks Smile you always replying me fast

Damian

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
np, you are welcome Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: