Rocket Pinger
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Is there any way to assign 1 campaign to multiple blogs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Is there any way to assign 1 campaign to multiple blogs? Reply with quote
Is there any way to assign 1 campaign to multiple blogs or overwrite an existing campaign with new settings (i.e. from a campaign "template")? Or make a change to one campaign setting and apply the change(s) to multiple campaigns?

Finally inported the last of the blogs from BO into BA and created at least 1 campaign for each blog, but finding now that I missed some key configuration settings (mostly in the title settings, headers/footers, and content manipulation) on individual campaigns. Embarassed

Really need a way to search the campaigns based on any/all of the campaign settings, then make changes to the campaigns displayed in the search results. As of now the campaign search function only allows searches by specific Blog and status... but I still have to manually open/verify settings/then edit each campaign. Very time intense

I love the new functionality of BA, but problem I'm seeing is every time I find something new/better way to use BA, it's a time/manpower nightmare to go back and change earlier campaigns. One change applied to 1k campaigns, average search/edit time of 1 minute per campaign would take 16 2/3 hours! Unfortunately the real time involved is more like 3-5 min per campaign, so that task actually involves +/- 2 dedicated man weeks (longer actually... need to sleep occasionally).

Fantastic software, but urgently need some way to find/update existing campaigns. Growing pains.

Rhino

FWIW, the 1k campaign figure is conservative - real figure is higher. Moving the blogs from BO to BA seems to have fixed my MySQL execution time/server load issue, but exposed a new problem.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, i think i have explained that in couple of threads here.
Due to the fact 1 campaign needs to track really lots of things, best performance is when a campaign is used for 1 blog only. If they are multiple lots of troubles come in. First is the potential extra load it will cause. Second is the limitation of future expansion. There are and lots more. Just it is not technically good to make a campaign publish to multiple blogs.

I know it can be time consuming to add/edit campaigns for each of your blogs when you have really lots of them, but one way or another when numbers are big it is really lots of work.

What i will be doing soon is ability to mass edit campaigns, like the mass functions in BO, but i can't say when it will be because i am at pretty busy period right now.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

rhino

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
well, i think i have explained that in couple of threads here.
Due to the fact 1 campaign needs to track really lots of things, best performance is when a campaign is used for 1 blog only. If they are multiple lots of troubles come in. First is the potential extra load it will cause. Second is the limitation of future expansion. There are and lots more. Just it is not technically good to make a campaign publish to multiple blogs.

OK, BA requires one campaign assigned to one blog for technical reasons, period.

Atanasis wrote:

I know it can be time consuming to add/edit campaigns for each of your blogs when you have really lots of them, but one way or another when numbers are big it is really lots of work.

Time is money, and big numbers also equate to big dollars... BA 1.5 is a huge improvement over blogging by hand. Just noticed you've release v 1.5.2 today, with campaign groups and improved campaign search and feed/entries navigation improvements... haven't installed the upgrade yet, but it looks like you're way ahead of me. As usual, outstanding support. Thanks!

Rhino

Probably will mount another copy of BO and BA in the near future as you suggested. Smile

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cool, thanks!

yeah i know pretty good that time is money and big numbers equate to big dollars. Thats why i don't have a script that deals with just 1 number, but with big numbers Smile

just what all customers of my scripts need to understand is that i know pretty good what i should do in the scripts, but it takes time to implement things.

Coding is fast, i can sit and within 2 days write a whole new system or add whatever i want to the scripts. But the problem is that when dealing with big numbers you need to do it really really slowly, draw schemas and think far away in the future and implement thing by thing, see how it handles and works with rest things and then add new things over it. How's performance so far and lots lots more things to watch and have in mind.

If a software that deals with big numbers is done overnight, it will die on next day when it starts dealing with the big numbers..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: