Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Link O into Blog Organizer templates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Links Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Link O into Blog Organizer templates Reply with quote
How do I add the code to a blog template I am using in BO so it shows up in "Link Trades" section?
I've search the forum but no joy.

code removed

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
by default in the "Link Trades" sidebar column in BO the internal BO linktrades are shown. If you want to replace them with LO, just remove the %%LINKTRADES%% variable and put the LO linking code.

The code you pasted is the one using local paths, so when inserting it make sure your blog is on same domain as LO

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

ruff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Understood.
I thought there might be a way to add the code right in the links trade template inside of Blog Organizer. That would be elegant!

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
no, the "linktrades template" is used for the format of your linktrade links output by BO. You need to put any other things directly in the main blog template..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

msm

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, I'm having the same problem as ruff, but I'm much more script challenged so I need more help.

You say "If you want to replace them with LO, just remove the %%LINKTRADES%% variable and put the LO linking code." but what is the LO linking code? On my LO "Template Link Code" page I have four choices:

PHP Include (LOCAL)
PHP Include (REMOTE)
PHP CURL Include (REMOTE)
SSI Include

So which of these code excerpts do I copy and paste into my BO template where the %%LINKTRADES%% code is?

By the way, both BO and LO seem like great programs but I was very surprised that there wasn't some kind of tutorial that explains how to use LO with BO... or is there one and I just can't find it? BO wasn't mentioned once in the "Getting started with LO" post, and that really surprised me. The main reason I bought LO with BO was because I thought it would be very easy to get them working together. Not meant to be a complaint, just an observation.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, i don't have any tutorial about how to use with BO, because LO is used with it as with any kind of site or page. I might create a tutorial soon, when it is needed Smile

About your problem.. on the "Template Link Code", next to each code there is description when to use it. First and always try with the 1st, "PHP Include LOCAL", if LO and the blog is on same server. If they are not on same server, try the "PHP CURL Include Remote"

keep me posted if you need any more help..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Links Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: