Plug Rush
Plug Rush
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Adding only one post (total) to blog when more than 1 feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudesonly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Adding only one post (total) to blog when more than 1 feed Reply with quote
Hi,

I have setup a remote blog entry and I have two feeds attached to it. These come from different sponsors but the same niche. I wanted to add only one blog entry a day in total. Is there a way to do this without setting up two separate BO entries with one feed in each.

Thanks

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
just import you rss feeds into the system, go to edit the blog, select both feeds, and for crawl time put 1440 minutes, and for new posts count put 1.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

dudesonly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is exactly what I have set already but as I said BO adds 1 new post per feed a day and this is not what I want. I only want 1 post added per 24 hours.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah you want 2 posts added a day, 1 from the one feed and other from the other feed?

If thats the case, that can't be made exactly. You can set the crawl time to 740, and choose "randomize sources", so it will pick at random from both feeds and will post to the blog, but there is no exact assurance one of ther post will be from the 1 feed and 1 post from the other feed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

dudesonly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No I only want 1 post added to the blog per day.

I still want 2 feeds but only 1 post per day to be added. If that was what you initially provided me with in your initial reply it does not work. I have a number of days where two posts have been added.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm, then the first reply i made should be what you need. No matter how many feeds i have selected, when i set "Crawl time to 1440" and "New posts Count to 1", my blogs receive 1 post every 1440 minutes(1 day). See if you use same settings and if you don't have other program posting to same blog..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: