Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Hosting Provider Upgrading Servers - Blogs Stopped Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportbilly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Hosting Provider Upgrading Servers - Blogs Stopped Working Reply with quote
Hi

Got back from holiday to find my hosting provider has modified their server config which has caused all my blogs to stop working.

By default the servers are config to run php5 but I have switched back to 4 as instructed below. Most of the changes below seem ok I think - only bit not sure about is the last item regarding how php includes are handled. Could this change be the cause of my problems?

Thanks

Below is a copy of their notification.

-- Notification --

Default Version: PHP 5.2.5
Secondary Version: PHP 4.4.7

You can switch to PHP4 by logging into your CPanel (You must be using the X3 CPanel skin to use this feature) and going to "PHP Configration" and changing the version # in the drop down box. You can modify the theme you use for CPanel by going to Modify Account right here in Reseller Central.

Please make sure the following have been checked before submitting a support request to us.

-- All .htaccess files do NOT have any php_value or php_flag lines in it.
-- All .htaccess files do NOT have the addhandler enabling php5 as was required before
-- No custom php.ini files from before (make a new one if you need to customize features)
-- No 777/666 permissions on scripts (not allowed in suexec environment)
-- Login to CPanel and go to PHP Configuration page. Toggle between PHP4 and PHP5 to make sure one version does work for you.
-- Change all php includes to use full system path, not URL. This has been disabled by PHP for security reasons.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i see, thats really bad thing when they upgrade servers without a notice..

anyways..
first, check your actual blog files. go via ftp to /bo/boblogs/ and see any of the blog#.php and try to access it via web like: http://www.yourdomain.com/bo/boblogs/blog#.php
if it opens up fine, that part is fine..

next, probably you will need to switch to CURL version of the linking codes, since i see they have the remote url includes disabled. So enable "general settings->curl settings", and grab the linking files for one of the blogs and upload them to the blog location. If it works apply same procedure to rest blogs.

If nothing seems to help, best would be to pm me url and pass to your BO so i can fastly see whats wrong exactly..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: