Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Special Offers
Special Offers
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
BO system backup stopped working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: BO system backup stopped working? Reply with quote
BO system backup was working, now seems to time out prior to completing the operation. BO reports it completes the system files backup as done, then starts the MySQL backup but it doesn't complete the process so no backup file is added to ./bo/bobackups. Bo reports Backing Up your MySQL Database now... and I see the dotted lines as its running, but then it seems to time out.
All other BO script functions appear normal, just can't complete the backup process (several attempts, thought it was working but then noticed the date/time stamp displayed was 30+ days old and realized last 3 backup attempts failed. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rhino

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, that can happen if your database has grown much and web server times out before the operation is completed. I will see if i can improve it more so it doesn't time out, though i set it smartly to send output several seconds so it doesn't timeout.

meanwhile you can create backups with "mysqldump" server command, it always works best and most reliable.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

rhino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Command line backup resolved the timeout Reply with quote
DB is pretty good sized as BO, BA, GS, and LO all share the same DB.

I've added the backup routine to cron to run every 1,10,20 days so should be good... and the DB backup has the data for all of the scripts (just have to remember to download the backup).

Appreciate the help! Very Happy

Rhino

htdnsm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having the same problem with timing out. I am hosted on a managed server. What do I tell the support people so I can get backups created for bo?

thanks

rhino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Submit a support request for them to add a new cronjob using mysqldump to backup the DB. This is what I added to my crontab for the backup...

0 4 1,10,20 * * /usr/bin/mysqldump --complete-insert --opt --quote-names --compact --compress --quick -h localhost -u MySQL_username -MySQL_password MySQL_DB_name| gzip -9 > /server/path/to/domain/bo/bobackups/backup.gz

Rhino

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: