Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper
Plug Rush
Plug Rush
Special Offers
Special Offers

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Sensualwriter issues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comrade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Sensualwriter issues? Reply with quote
So all of a sudden my BO cannot connect to sensualwriter. The error message is: "connect() timed out!"

Is anyone experiencing smth similar to it? I have added sensualwriter blogs to BO in the past (albeit a while ago) and it worked just fine Surprised

comrade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tried it again this morning and today I get a "couldn't connect to host" message.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, looks like your server can't connect to sensualwriter.com
ask your host support to look on the connection between your server and sensualwriter

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

A1 Web Solutions

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is this sensualwriter?

How is it a hosting issue?

Please enlighten me, as this is the first I have ever heard of this issue, and I have several people on my hosing using your scripts.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A1 Web Solutions wrote:
What is this sensualwriter?

How is it a hosting issue?

Please enlighten me, as this is the first I have ever heard of this issue, and I have several people on my hosing using your scripts.

hi there,
when he gets an error from the script "could not connect to host", this means the script can't connect to sensualwriter.com to send the query for the post publishing.

Please check from the server how is the connection to sensualwriter.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

A1 Web Solutions

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have found that the IP block is on the end of Sensual Writer, and not on my end.

After reading the Sensual Writer forums some, it appears that my client may have been blacklisted for too many posts in one day or maybe some other reason, so I have asked them to contact me, and provided them with bothe the server IP, and my client's dedicated IP.

http://www.adultwebmastergroup.com/showthread.php?t=5451
http://www.adultwebmastergroup.com/showthread.php?t=5897

I am now awaiting their reply ...

A1 Web Solutions

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found this of interest too ...

http://www.netpond.com/showpost.php?p=1742652&postcount=7

Sounds like maybe their servers are being overworked and at capacity, so they are punishing the more aggressive users? DreamHost in a new package?

Confused

Unfortunately, when you use sponsor hosting, you are 100% at the mercy of the said sponsors.

I lost $2400 a month income, and several partner accounts a few years back when a sponsor that hosted all my movie galleries decided that he did not want the added expense of my server (after telling me X number of times that I was his top affiliate ...). I woke up to all of my galleries and freesites being down, and after 18 hours trying to contact the sponsor, they told me that they did not want to pay for the server any longer that my galleries were on ... end of story.

Anyways I digress ...

I will update this thread when I get any sort of response from sensual writer.

Does BO interface with WordPress µ?

If it does, I may have a solution (or at least a future workaround) for you Comrade. Wink

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i see, yes thats frequent problem too.

Every time someone asks about problem related to communications of my scripts with a free hosting service like sensualwriter in this case is, the problem is either the service blocked him, or host blocked him.

I first recommend people to ask the host support check the connection because host support is more fast than free service support and need to do just "ping site.com" from their server.

yeah and i noticed that since recently most of the remote bloggers are being blocked from those free blog hosts. The reason is not only the load that remote blogging could do, actually it does less load than regular blogging, because you don't visit their servers, but just send 1 post query.

The deal is that 90% of the people use the free blog hosts for low quality feeder blogs with the only purpose to be able to give back a clean link back to their quality blogs hosted on their own servers to gain Google PR. Just for SEO purposes. And ofcourse free host owners don't benefit anything from such blogs..

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
A1 Web Solutions wrote:

Does BO interface with WordPress µ?

If it does, I may have a solution (or at least a future workaround) for you Comrade. Wink

yes BO is compatible with wpmu Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: