Links Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
BO 3.4 - new blogs building with 0 posts, no resubmit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: BO 3.4 - new blogs building with 0 posts, no resubmit? Reply with quote
After upgrade to 3.4, new BO blogs build with 0 (zero) posts? Script was set to New Posts Count: 20. Regular Blogs>>Manage displays the new blog, with Last Post 0000-00-00 00:00 and Posts Pub 0. I can add a new blog post to the new blog wih Controls>>Blog Now and that seems to work OK.

Also noticed resubmit posts default value changed from 60 days to 0 days (i,e, no post resubmit).

Rhino

Sending PM with BO URL and password (Problem noted with Blog IDs 231 and 232.)

Note: Prior to upgrade, same template produced new blog with 20 posts and post break at post number set in Break Count (11 posts) and resubmit value in the blog profile at 60 days. FWIW, the Regular Blogs>>Traffic functionality seems to work fine for the BO blogs.

Q - Will this functionality be added to the Remote Blogs side of BO, and will we be able to extend this feature to submit both our BO and remote blogs to blog directories we specify?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,
well you are trying to say that new blogs created don't get auto populated from rss feeds? are older blogs populating fine since the upgrade?

Since v3.4 the default value for "posts resubmission" when creating a new blog is 0 - ie no resubmit. It doesn't affect your old blogs, just when you are creating new one, thats the default value which you can change if you want.

Yes, i think on adding the "Traffic" functionality to the Remote Blogs section soon. As about will you be able to add your own directories to be submitted to, i am not sure if i will be extending it to there. The deal about that feature is that i coded the software my directories are being operated from and i made it so that it accepts prepopulated fields with the info from BO, while other scripts that most directories use don't have such prepopulation feature..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

rhino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
Hi there,
well you are trying to say that new blogs created don't get auto populated from rss feeds? are older blogs populating fine since the upgrade?

Since v3.4 the default value for "posts resubmission" when creating a new blog is 0 - ie no resubmit. It doesn't affect your old blogs, just when you are creating new one, thats the default value which you can change if you want.

Yes, i think on adding the "Traffic" functionality to the Remote Blogs section soon. As about will you be able to add your own directories to be submitted to, i am not sure if i will be extending it to there. The deal about that feature is that i coded the software my directories are being operated from and i made it so that it accepts prepopulated fields with the info from BO, while other scripts that most directories use don't have such prepopulation feature..

Correct. New blogs created with v3.4 are not being populated from the RSS feeds, and immediately show in Idle Reporting (new blogs were set to build with 20 posts from the RSS feeds).

Understand the coding being specific to your blog traffic directory... also realized how much the submission routine could/would help with traffic if it could be extended to include submission targets we could set up through BO. As of now it's copy/paste the info from BO into a spreadsheet, them copy/paste manual submissions to other directories. Your routine seemed much more efficient in overall blog management if it could be extended.

Rhino

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i see, well check if the cronjobs run fine.

if problemable yet, pm me url and pass to your BO so i can take a look..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

rhino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cronjobs were not running... Per your post about the Zend issue I downloaded and installed a new v3.4 update and built a new blog... same problem. (Blog should have had 20 posts from the RSS feeds, but zero posts displayed and the new blog is also showing as Idle with Last Post of 0000-00-00 00:00 and Post Pub count is 0.)

PM with URL and pass sent.

Rhino

Just rechecked and it looks like the Link Checker script did not run after the new update was installed; other crons show execution after the fresh update.

rhino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like everything is working now... and all good. Very Happy

Rhino

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, cool Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: