Blogs Automater
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Kaktusan Cash
Kaktusan Cash

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Posts not posted on thumblogger and timeouts on wordpress
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Posts not posted on thumblogger and timeouts on wordpress Reply with quote
I regular have BA make posts on thumblogger that are counted in BA but never appear on the blog.
This seem to happen random. I don't know if this is only on thumblogger because I only just set my first BA blog outside thumblogger.
This is an Wordpress blog and I had to disable ping in Wordpress otherwise BA gives an error and does not count the post but the post does appear on the blog.
Ping list is 23 services.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, when you have pinging enabled at WP or other platform, the ping is done while the request for the new post is done. So when BA sends the new post, WP starts pinging and that takes much times, and BA is still waiting on the line to complete the request, and eventually it will timeout if the ping doesn't complete fastly. The timeout is protection not to get the script stuck..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Simon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I understand that but what about the post that never appear on thumblogger?
There it is the other way around BA never gives an error and the post count goes up but on thumblogger the post does not get posted!
Its is not possible to ping on thumblogger.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm strange, probably its some specific to you problem. First, are you sure you have enabled remote blogging in your TB account? secondly can you check the connection between your host where BA is install and TB url. some hosts have firewalls, preventing to connect to the necessary TB port.

Let me know..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Simon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is working. Only sometimes the posts get lost.
It seems to be random. I also don't know if it is only thumblogger where the problem is as I only set up 1 campaign that is not on thumblogger and that was the last campaign that I setup.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, pretty strange..i will be testing today and see, but didn't have such problems as for now..

anyone else having such problems, please report.

Simon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just added a second and third wordpress mu blog but when I set up a campaign and select this second or third blog it shows only categories from the first. It also only posts to the first blog.

Simon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I removed the blogs and added them as normal wordpress blogs now BA sees
the right categories but when I post I don't get an error and postcount goes up but no post appears on my blog. Tried it 8 times.
Are there any log files to check?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm.. there is something pretty wrong.. please pm me url and pass to your BA admin panel, so i can go and check on the things..

Thanks!

Simon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I figured some stuff out.
I need to add each Wordpress MU blog as a new blog and own Blog API URL.
The same goes for SensualWriter wich uses also Wordpress MU.
This works but I get a long list of Blog Types all with the same username and type.
I have to hover over the URL to see for witch blog it is.

The reason that when I did this earlier and post did not get posted was that
I screwed something up on my installation of Wordpress MU.
The new blogs did not have MySQL Post table and it would be impossible to post.
That makes it strange that BA did not report an error and ups the postcount on the campaign!

Also when you add an SensualWriter blog you need to leave the last backslash out of the Blog Api URL otherwise you get 2.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, for wpmu, yes you need to add each blog manually..

for sensualwriter and etc.. same, since they use wpmu and there you can't have more than 1 blog in same account.. thats the way how wpmu is setup to treat different blogs..

while at thumblogger and blogger for example you can have multiple blogs within same account..

Simon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
In both my own MU and Sensualwritter I use multiple blogs within same account.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm, i should be looking at wpmu again then.. i have tried to create multiple blogs within same account and be able to list them all via remote api, but had no success.. should do more research on that then.. if there is such way and make it working, surely it will save lots of work..

Simon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can have as many blogs under a MU account as you want.
Each blog have the same username and password but need a different Api Url
But I think it would be simple when you scan an account it gives the Blog Url and Blog Title for all blogs
Just add xmlrpc.php after the blog url for the blogs selected. Smile

An other thing I think you should look into is the error reporting.
BA gives an error when I have pinging enabled and does not up the post count while the post got posted.
When I screwed up my installation of MU it was impossible to post but BA did not give an error and ups the postcount in the campaign.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, yes, to operate each blog you must use its own xmlrpc url and thats the case you can't use one general account and url to administer all blogs remotely. So you need to add again your login details and use different api url. I don't think one url can be used to scan for all blogs and operate them directly.

Simon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I add 1 blog It can see all blogs.
It can only post to the blog you give they Api URL
Works for both my own Instalation and Sensual writer.
Did you try it?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, i managed to get it working now. For sensualwriter and wordpress.com specifically i made it so that when you have blogs within same account, in BA you will input just your user/pass and it will scan for all blogs within that account and will able to post to each of them. I just found that i can use the real blog url and just add to its end /xmlrpc.php and use that as api url for each blog inside an account, so it will post correctly.

Now, about wpmu specifially, i am sure it will work same way, but i want to make it sure before i put the update publicly. I have a test wpmu install on my server, but i can't seem to find how to create multiple blogs within same account. Do you know how i can do that?

Simon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wordpress and Sensual writer using WPMU
In your own installation just add the same email as an existing account and the blog gets added to that account.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep i know, but for script it kinda differs between all the options you choose when adding the blogs..

anyways, i think its all done and ready to go. It works pretty fine for me now, i am able just to input my user/pass and it scans for all blogs and posts to them properly..

Here's how to upgrade:
Download the script package from the software owners lounge.
Unpack it on your pc. Delete directory "temp", delete files "info.inc.php" , "bacronjobs" and "ba-install.php". Thats done, so you won't upload them to your server so you will mix up your current installations. Then just upload all files by replacing the ones on your server.

Then go to your BO and delete from "Blogs->Blog Types" any sensualwriter, wordpress.com(free blog host) and WPMU blogs that you might have that are in same account.

Then just go to add new blog and follow screens there.

Let me know if all works fine now.

Simon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can I keep the existing campaigns for the blogs that are in the Blog Types that I need to remove?
I guess not. If not do I need to delete the campaigns first than the blogs before the blog types or can I delete the Blog Types directly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: