Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Where do I put the folders?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smooch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Where do I put the folders? Reply with quote
Where do I FTP the Blogs Organizer folder to in my main domain? In the root? Or do I create a new folder for it to go into?

Smooch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I created a new directory for BO. Did the FTP, CHMOD, Licence key changed in my Cpanel file management rather than uploading it. Tried to load bo-install.php from my browser on my desktop where the BO folder is and I can't read it. It won't open as it's a php file. Is this what I'm supposed to do?

Anyone? Someone? Help!

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there,

well, yes upload the contents of the zip packages of the scripts in a subfolder, so they aren't in the main root directory of the domain.

You should upload in BINARY mode to your hosting, not in ASCII or autoselect. And once you upload, do the chmods, you should launch the install file from your browser like http://www.yoursite.com/bo/bo-install.php

What you mean the install file can't be read? It should either open fine or display some error message. Let me know what exactly its saying when launched from the browser..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Smooch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
hi there,

well, yes upload the contents of the zip packages of the scripts in a subfolder, so they aren't in the main root directory of the domain.

You should upload in BINARY mode to your hosting, not in ASCII or autoselect. And once you upload, do the chmods, you should launch the install file from your browser like http://www.yoursite.com/bo/bo-install.php

What you mean the install file can't be read? It should either open fine or display some error message. Let me know what exactly its saying when launched from the browser..

Upload has been done in Binary.

Not sure what you mean by launch from my browser. I have the BO folder on my desktop and if I launch it from there I can only see it in notepad. It talks about Zend Optimizer then there is a bunch of crazy code. Makes no sense. Is this what I'm suposed to be reading? According to my host I do have Zend, it's in php they say, but I don't know where this is or if it is functioning.

No idea how I launch http://www.yoursite.com/bo/bo-install.php. Totally lost me there. How do I access that?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, you shouldn't not launch script from your desktop, the script is web/server based, not PC desktop software.

What i mean is, how you access this page, the same way access and that url. Just fire up your web browser, and type in url in the address bar, like http://www.yoursite.com/bo/bo-install.php

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Smooch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I launched the url in my browser. What I get is a WP template that is empty of posts, though it has a title (it's a template that's in a folder on this domain). The side column has entries in it though. Looks like the posts I had there are gone. But it's not important as there were only a few and this was not amn active blog on this domain. Though it is my top domain. The BO files were FTP to a directory I created for it.
There is a message though

Not Found

Sorry, but the page you requested cannot be found.

Obviously this is not correct.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, it looks you haven't uploaded the script files in their own subdirectory. All you needed to do is unzip the bo.zip archive, and upload directly the whole unpacked "bo" folder to your site. After that do the chmods and then launch your browser and point it to the proper url to the bo-install.php

if you still have problems installing, you can pm me ftp and mysql info for your server and i can install the script for you.

Smooch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update.

Another webmaster has installed BO for me and it's working.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, cool!

keep me posted on any more problems..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: