Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
about the Crawl Period

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zobmaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: about the Crawl Period Reply with quote
if i understand right, the Crawl Period changes everytime we update a blog template?
is that why it is so difficult to syncronise BO with GS and sponsors RSS feeds?
I think it will be a good ID in a future upgrade of BO, to be abble to set the update time at midnight US time or to choose the time zone according to our needs.

Zobmaster

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, no the Crawl period, changes only when you touch it, it shouldn't change whenever you edit your blog..

well, its not that difficult to synchronize it with the GS feeds or whatever other feeds. Yeah i was thinking myself to make somehow more synchronized time, but that again will be acting same..

Here's sample: you set your GS feed update every 12 hours. You have your BO read the GS feed every 12 hours. The problem is that for example when both updaters start, BO reads the feed, but GS haven't yet put the new entry in the feed, because it can't manage for 1 second to add it. So basically BO can't find anything new in the feed, and the feed is actually updated after 1-2 seconds BO read the feed.

Here's what i am doing. For example if i want my blog update twice a day, i set my GS feed update every 8 hours, which makes 1 more entry per day, which ensures every 12 hours when BO reads feed, there will be something new in the feed..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

zobmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank a lot. Im going to set GS every 8 hours then.... I should leave it like it was. thx to clarify.
It was hard to get why some feeds do not appear online while there are in the feeds page. Maybe sync both script for the user like me who have both.... anyway if it works that way........

Zobmaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: