Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Special Offers
Special Offers

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
server crashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cessation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: server crashing Reply with quote
The cronjobs for bo seem to be causing my server to run out of memory. I have 3gigs of ram on my server. The cronjob section of bo says "It must be set automatically to run each minute! ". So what will happen if I change it to run less often? Or is there another way to make bo use less memory?

I'd also like to know what will happen if i run borssfeeder and borposter less often.

Thanks

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, you are fine running the cronjobs less often, just your blogs won't update with precision to the minute, but more rarely..

i have never seen BO to eat 3GB of ram. I would strongly advice you to review your blog settings and edit accordingly any aggressive seetings.

Most common overload issue is when there are lots of blogs, assigned with lots of rss feeds and set to update pretty often.. That causes the script do really lot of job pretty pretty often and eat lots of resources..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Icy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having also high load and crashing problems now with my BO admin server after 5 months running fine.

In my BO i have:

- 80 blogs
- 6 RSS feeds
- All blogs are updated once every 24 hours and pull an article randomly from any of those 6 feeds.
- Each blog displays 5 articles per page
- Maximum articles stored per blog is set to like 500 as i don't want the articles to be deleted after X time (wouldn't that affect google as the articles wouldn't be found if deleted?

My host is still investigating but by now it seems that the problem is not with mysql but with the calls that each blog makes to the admin server to include each blog and content.

Are there any special settings or server setup to have? what about the BO settings? anything to disable or set lower to decrease the server load?

I'll post or PM you more details if you need them and also when my host provides them to me (i have asked for logs and details about when, how and why is the server crashing).

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
when the mysql is not a problem and as reading about your number of blogs and feeds and posts, it shouldn't be..

for the server to start getting some load from the includes you must be having real big traffic, i am talking about over 300k+ daily to your blogs..
If you don't have that overall traffic probably there's some server problem that causes such a load in the php includes..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: