Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Undefined index error message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Footman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Undefined index error message Reply with quote
Ok so I recently changed hosts and had all my sites migrated over to their new home. We found a few small issues we needed to address with different sites. This one appears unrelated to the move though. On the top of the page of the blogs I get the following error message:

Notice: Undefined index: date in .../index.php on line 5

I have no idea why?
Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks Smile

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ask your host support to disable error reporting in your php.ini by making:
display_errors to Off

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Footman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Disabling the messaging sounds easy enough and might be the easiest course of action but it doesn't really fix the error.

My host said the variable $_GET['date'] was empty. Maybe if it does nothing I can remove it. Or maybe it show be actually calling something for a reason.

I like to fix things that aren't working properly. Just turning off the error message doesn't do that. I assume the error message is there for a reason. If that variable is in fact the reason for the error message AND it isn't important, then maybe I can just delete it.

Or there's something somewhere in the setup or preferences that I did not do correctly that I should have done. Which I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were the case. I just get to use the scripts you smart guys write.

Thanks Smile

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the $_GET['date'] variable i necessary to be in the code, because it is required for the calendar and archives functions. However on the main blog page it contains no value and thats why php is throwing out that notice.. So thats not some error that causes any problems on your blogs

I have it in my todo list for next version to fix that, so it won't throw that notice. Hoewever that will take place only on newly grabbed blog linking files, since the code is handwritten and can't be changed dynamically..

for now easiest for you is to suppress the errors in php as i adviced in the post above

If you take a notice on top of each .php linking file i have
@error_reporting(0);
to suppress the errors, but for some reason apparently it is not working on your new host.. thats why now you get these notices..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Footman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation. It helps me understand how it all works so much better. I appreciate it man.

I asked my host to take care of it and he did disable the error reporting for me on the two blogs I have with BO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: