Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software
Plug Rush
Plug Rush
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Ok i really need help because.......................

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angusal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Ok i really need help because....................... Reply with quote
Because i'm an idiot Very Happy

Okay i download BO and i made sure my host meets all the requirements and i set up my MySQL database and i have the required info

But from here i have no idea what i need to do.......
i checked out the installation info you provide but,
when you say "Extract the zip archive file with the script keeping the path names intact. If using Winzip, make sure 'Use Folder Names' is checked. Also be sure to keep the file names as they are - no abbreviations, no change of uppercase/lowercase the names and etc.. " where do i get the zip archive file? Is the the MySQL database that i created?

then next....... you say "Upload all the files and folders contained in the archive to your web server in the preferred directory by keeping the path and file names intact!" where do i get the archive to upload? And also when you say preferred directory is that a directory i create on my domain?

I really wish i could talk to someone on ICQ or even by phone and thanks for your time and your help Smile

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, when you have all the info, go to your account at my website and download the script archived package. Its located in the products inventory section... once you download it, just extract it, and upload the extracted directory "bo" and all its contents to your website. After that continue as in the install thread explains, by setting the necessary permissions to the required files and after that launch the install file and complete the form.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Angusal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok couple of more questions
Under Manage blogs -
Blog Output Settings -
Under the "POST TEMPLATE" part
What do i do here? I see the available tokens but do i enter in the text i want for each token or what?

And then under "LINK TRADE TEMPLATE" what do i do here? Do i add links that I want to trade with? Like my own sites that I want to link too?

And Finally "MAIN TEMPLATE" I guess what i am asking for all these is this i understand HTML do i copy and paste the HTML i want here? or what?

Thanks and I wish I did not need all this help but once i get this down I am ready to roll (I hope) LOL

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the MAIN TEMPLATE is your whole blog design - how your whole blog will look like.

the LINK TRADE TEMPLATE is how a single link of your linktrades will look like. Script uses this template and builds the list with linktrades using that template for each link it needs to print out.

the POST TEMPLATE is how your single post will look like on your blog. Script uses that template to build the list with the posts on your blog.

Just look at the sample templates there, they have those fields filled in to fit the whole blog design..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Angusal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I understand what the different sections are:

My question is when I am filling out the info for instance....
Under Blog Output Settings

What do i put in the "post template" area? Do i use HTML or what
can you give me an example of what the post template area would look like? Do i use the "tokens" or what
I hope you understand what i am asking

I need someone to post what these sections would look like filled out (I don't not want to copy anyones work i just need some idea of what these sections would look like if you were posting a blog)

Under Blog Output Settings

First there is the "Post Template" Section
Second there is the "Link Trades" Section
Third there is the "Main Template" Section

I understand what each section is used for I just don't understand how to fill the correct information in. Do i just use plain text and write what i want or do i use an html format like i would on a regular webpage.

I hope I explained what i need Smile and thanks for your help and your patience Shocked

tsands

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Angusal,

The easiest way to see what each section should look like is to look at the premade templates that came with BO. In the admin go to Premade Templates >> Manage Templates. Then simply click the edit button on any of the templates. You'll see what each section should look like.

Hope this helps. Wink

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, you won't copy someone's work, you will just see exactly what you need to see by looking at the ready templates. They are applied just exactly like are in the Blogs Settings. So this way you will see what's need to be there and try making a template yourself. Those fields should be filled in with HTML/CSS and variables as described there. You can also put javascript/php, whatevere you need to make your blog look like you want.

For example Link Trades Template: %%TITLE<br>

that defines that all your linktrades will be listed on your blog that way.

For exaple for Post Template:
%%TITLE%% at %%DATE%%<br>
%%BODY%%
<hr>

that defines how a single post will look like, and script will use that format to build the list with posts on your blog..

Hope its more clear to you now..

Angusal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I need to use CSS and or php to fill in those different sections to make my blog look the way i want it too look? Is that correct? and thanks again for your time Smile

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
not exactly Smile
its up to you in what language you will make your blog design. The best is pure CSS since that gives more SEO, but you can use and html/xhtml. PHP is not needed unless you want to insert external scripts and stuff into your blogs.

Let me know if i can be more in a help..

Angusal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So i CAN use html to do my templates then right? I don't have to use css (although i understand its better) and i don't need to use php either.

I know how to do html as long as i can do my templates in html that is all i need to know Smile

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep you can use HTML Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: