Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Plug Rush
Plug Rush

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Blogs Automator Vs Blogs Organiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Domonic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Blogs Automator Vs Blogs Organiser Reply with quote
I had some questions about Blogs automater, then I started looking at blogs organiser....
Does Blogs Organiser do everything that Blogs Automater does?

PS. is there a trial version of Blogs Organiser available?

Thank you
Dom

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Both products are pretty different, though they have some similar features.

BO is mainly standalone blogging platform that lets you create and operate blogs pretty easy. All rest features which it contains like automation, rss feeding and etc.. are supporters to the main idea and they can't be developed way too much because it will heavyload the script.

BA is like CMS for blog posts - it reads rss feeds and saves all posts in tidy arranged database. You can anytime browse the posts and publish them to whatever blog you want. It doesn't create blogs - it just publishes posts to them automatically. It is created exactly for rss feeding and is now more powerful than BO about it and can be developed pretty much for the future..

hope that explains your questions..

No, there isn't trial for BO, sorry

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Domonic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, okay.
let me tell you where I am. I have around 30 blogs already set up with content but no feeds as of yet. The idea would be too set them all up with self updating feeds (BA Does this im sure?).

But the idea of setting up blogs and making categories for future and existing blogs is appealing too.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, best option is to have both BA and BO. Me and lots of my clients do the same. We create and operate the blogs easily with BO and leave BA to update them automatically. Why? Because as i said BA is CMS for blog posts. With the time your database will grow up pretty big and you will have massive database with posts which you can publish to any blog any time.

For a start, as you explain now, you better get BA, so you can put on autopilot the 30 blogs you have.

At later state when you decide to start making more and more new blogs, then you can look at BO and get to start making your blogs with big ease.

Take in mind if you plan to have tons of blogs, and have BO rss feed them all, is not a good idea, since rss feeding is heavy process and BA is more reliable and lightweight about it when we speak about big numbers of blogs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

dvsntt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was going to inquire about the differences in these programs, and a search on the forums revealed this thread. However it did not answer all of my questions, so I have registered an account (Hello to you all) to see if I can receive clarification.

What I am trying to develop is a plan, and I feel a I need some suggestions to develop it.

I am beginning a blog marketing campaign, and have built 5 wordpress blogs, and am using the free version of BA to update them with RSS feeds. This gave me a good feel for the script, and I was preparing to purchase the full version, when I began to examine BO further. It seems to offer the same features, mainly automatic RSS feed -> blog post, and then some, so then I was thinking that BO is the program I want, especially since linking each blog together is a pain that BO claims to alleviate. I was curious why the product that seems to do less (BA) cost more.

It seems that the RSS feature of BO is not as capable as BA, but if I want to develop dozens to hundreds of blogs, BO is necessary to create and manage them all, but BA would be more suited to add the content to those blogs, once they are up and running.

So it seems that I need both. And if\when that occurs, do I simply ignore the RSS feeds features of BO, or is there a purpose still for them when coupled with BA?

And so at this time, with 5 blogs not yet earning any revenue, but realizing that I need to make more to get more traffic, what approach would one who is familiar with BO (there is no trial or free version of it) recommend for one in my situation? Get by with BA for awhile until I make some money, and then add BO? Is anyone using just BA?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,
BO costs less than BA though it has more features, because BO was introduced 2 years before BA and i keep its price low because new webmasters can afford it.

BO rss feeding is less advanced than the one in BA and should not be used heavily on lots of blogs.

In your position right now, you can either get BO so you make new blogs easily without the need of installing WP on each blog and etc.. and rss feed them with BO. You can build blogs and blogs and at later state get BA to help on the rss feeding.

Or you can get just BA and rss feed your WP blogs you have and new ones you will be creating.

Best scenario is having both BO+BA, so BO just creates and operates the blogs and BA rss feed with posts. If you can't afford investing in both scripts now, take one of the option above...

dvsntt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Though it seems peculiar that none of your software bundles have both BA and BO together.. Confused

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have such offers, just they aren't published on the site right now...

I currently have BA+BO at $287

Venril

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting thread, and here's how I understand the difference between BO and WP (or similar scripts).

Best part of BO is having all of your blogs under one admin panel. In case of using WordPress with many blogs, you'll have to upgrade every single installation of WP every time there's a big security update, and they happen often. Another disadvantages of using WP on many blogs are:

WP installs load server much harder than BO blogs.

Every time there's a WP update it might screw up certain plugins, make them unusable (outdated), or screw up whole WP installation (happened to me mahy times and took hours of my time). With BO you need not to worry about that as there are no plugins.

Plugins change and many become outdated as authors stop supporting them.

The drawback is of course the unability to use WP plugins with BO, but if you're a mass blogger (have 10+ blogs), this is in fact for the better, as almost all plugins are useless in the big picture. They require way too much micro-management, taking your time for questionable benefit. For example my blogs do just as well without "extremely useful" Google XML Sitemap plugin as my other blogs did with it.

So I suggest you to use WP for your BIG, very important blogs, but use BO for smaller, feeder type blogs. It really saves so much time on setup and management. Besides, almost any WP template can be easily ported to BO with little knowledge of HTML.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep Venril, thats pretty well said!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Automater All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: