Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Special Offers
Special Offers

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
I need "your" input!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cessation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: I need "your" input! Reply with quote
Sup everyone! I'm very tempted to buy Blog Organizer. I was wondering what everyone here thinks about it. Especially compared to wordpress. I would appreciate any feedback you guys could give me.

I've been using WP for a long time, I can get it up and running in no time, design my own themes, do just about anything in it quickly. I've used WP a ton over the years. The thing is I could see one script controlling multiple blogs easier than using WP. Having several different installs of WP can be a hassle. But then again if blog organizer fails, install goes bad, database goes bad, etc etc will all my sites created with it go bad/fail too?

How easy is it to completely screw up all my blogs by doing something on accident in Blog Organizer?

What about the stress (mysql) of running so many blogs? Are Blog Organizer sites just static and seperate from Blog Organizer itself?

How easy do you find it to use? Can you do everything you want with it? Is designing themes for it easy for you? What are the negatives you have about it?

How quickly can you put up a blog with Blog Organizer? I'm sure a blank one without all the settings, pages etc can be done in no time. But I mean complete. What about creating pages in it? Can I create a 2257 page in it that will be uploaded to my blogs? Or will I have to do that separately?

It's hard for me to put WP behind because I know it so well and can use it so easily. But Blog Organizer is tempting to buy if it fits my needs. Basically nice blogs, easily created, won't fail(all blogs)for some mistake, won't stress the server, pages like 2257 can be created in it would be nice too.

So if any of you could leave some feedback with the pros and cons vs using WP I would appreciate it.

Kaktusan, if this kind of post doesn't belong here feel free to lock/delete I won't be offended. Smile

nuspawn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got the script, so far not so good. Haven't been able to make the BO blogs work, but it's pretty good with updating your existing WP blogs with posts from aggregated rss feeds. You can reach WP blogs on host that don't provide syndication via xmlrpc. From what I can tell the only interface to the blog is via BO

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cessation, your post is fine Smile
just not sure if you will get enough replies to judge from, because this is support board where people come publish a thread about problem and thats it. They don't hang much around..

If you want me to answer on some of your questions, let me know..

nuspawn, check your thread about my reply..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

cessation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:

If you want me to answer on some of your questions, let me know..

If ya could answer them that would be great. Also I noticed blog organizer seems to do most or all of what Blog Automator does... So is Blog Organizer everything BA is but more??

And thanks for the reply nuspawn.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BO is mainly blogging platform - to create and operate easily lots of blogs. All rest features like rss feeding, remote blogging to wordpress and etc.. are simple and plain, they are supporters.

BA is made exactly for rss feeding, has really lots of power, stability and flexibility. It doesn't create blogs, it just updates them with posts.

Now about rest questions..

1) yes, if the BO database goes down, all blogs go down. There is no other way to easily operate tons of blogs without standalone installs. That shouldn't concern you much, because all is made optimized and failsafe, so problems probably you will have with hosting downtime rather than with BO. If you make and regularly backups you will be even more safer..

2) Each blog has its own settings in BO. So, playing with 1 blog you can't screw up rest. Its almost impossible to screw up all things in BO, unless you do it with intention. Like go and delete your BO folder via ftp and such stuff..

3) BO is made pretty much optimized in its mysql database. Blogs are both static and dynamic. Front pages and some inner pages are plain static php files. Archives and other stuff that are more rarely used are dynamic. I have 400+ blogs, i have clients with even much more than me and we are all fine with server resources and etc.. Ofcourse it all depends on your script usage. You understand for example you can't make 400 blogs to update from 10 rss feeds each, and to do that every 5 minutes.

4) Design is pretty simple - html and css and simple script variables. Templates are probably the easiest available. Everything is pretty flexible. Probably negatives are that you can't design each different page in the blog. 1 template is used for all blog pages. Well, the script is made to operate 1000 and more blogs. To accomplish that not everything can be done in matter of options, because it will cause great slowdown..

5) Making new blog with existing template is matter of few mins, just to fill down the blog details like url , title and etc.. I can't say anything about making new template, because i can make new one for 10 mins, someone else can play 5 hours, other can loose 2 days playing with complicate design.. its relative.. Custom pages, should be done manually by uploading..

I am sure you will like BO. Many people were afraid to leave WP and try it, but once they done, they were thanking me. Mainly BO is made as simple as possible, so the webmaster can easily and fastly make blogs and operate them and ofcourse make money from that.

It doesn't hurt to try something new, does it? Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

cessation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Kaktusan, it does sound nice and much easier than using multiple WP installs. I'll probably have to give it a try here soon after I get all my current WP installs in BA running.

Can I create pages in BO that are uploaded to the blog(s)? Like if I wanted a "about page" or a 2257 page? A quick 2257 page that uploads to all sites would be great. If you use a new sponsor and want to add them to multiple blogs that can take forever uploading the 2257 info to all the blogs.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sure, you are welcome Smile

no, there isn't pages upload capability. You must do that yourself.
Why you are uploading 2257 info for each sponsor? Also why you make 2257 page for each blog? People make one 2257 page on one of their sites and from all rest sites link to it.

cessation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I noticed most sponsors had it on each of their domains instead of one site/domain. I figured there was a point in that, I know there's specific (anal) rules about 2257 info. I thought the info needed to be on each domain but I guess not. I just found a sponsor that doesn't do that so I guess it is fine to have only one domain with the info.

Thanks for pointing that out though, I'll go that route. Smile

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, i am not 2257 expert, since i am not in US and don't use 2257 at all, but thats what i read on board and from friends..

you can try asking on some boards, but i am sure you don't need it on each domain..

HunkyLuke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's my testimonial....

Blogs Organizer is amazing, I have been using it for 2 years now and run well over 100 blogs with it, including my own hosted BO blogs, my own WP blogs and freehosted WP and other blogs. I also run 20 affiliate blogs using the additional 'affiliate module'.

But you need to know that it is a basic html based tool whose purpose is to allow you to create and automate your blogging empire. You need to know basic html - if you don't, then it will be way harder than a simple WP blog. By basic, I mean things like the href, img, p and br tags. But even if you don't know much html, you can still use it as a central point of admin to automatically manage hundreds of WP blogs.

Now, here's a real trick, combine BO with other CWS scripts like Gallery Scraper and Site Organizer and all the sudden you can bump that 100 blog empire to 500 or more, making you 5 x the income with just an initial investment of maybe a week's work of time. This is what I am doing, it takes me about an hour from start to finish to setup a new RSS feed via GS, a new site via SO and then add a new blog via BO and submit it to the various directories. I do this once every 3 or 4 days and have expanded my blog empire plus my income Smile

cessation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks chilihost. Damn now you got me interested in some of the other products here hehe. I actually use a script that can scan galleries and convert to rss but it won't grab text like gallery scraper does...

I'll be buying BO soon here and maybe some of these others. Smile

buttster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I run Blogs Organizer With Gallery Scraper and couldn't ask for a better team of products and the support is beyond comparison.

biliwiz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's AMAZING!!!! At times I deeply regret having the 5 WP blogs I had set up before I got BO. Now I feed them all using BO. I have used it for over a year and still learn new 'tricks' all the time.

If you can manage a bit of HTML and can cut and paste, you will have your own templates in no time! And those 'snippets' are just fabulous things! You could have your 2257 as a snippet and just put %%2257%% in the template and up it comes! On each and every blog if you like.

Oh - and don't forget you can also use PHP includes too!!

And that you can feed your Gallery Scraper feeds in....

And that you can feed your posts out into your Blogs Automater....

And the extremely easy linking of all your blogs....

And that you can build a great empire.

It will take a bit of work to learn - but you didn't know WordPress before you began.

Oh, forgot to mention the top grade support too!!

BUY IT NOW!!

cessation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
biliwiz wrote:
It's AMAZING!!!! At times I deeply regret having the 5 WP blogs I had set up before I got BO.

If it makes ya feel any better I have about 50+ WP blogs going. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: