Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Attempting to format the post correctly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malcarada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Attempting to format the post correctly Reply with quote
I want to write text next to the picture (thumbnail) and when I try to do that the text all goes below the picture, this is a screenshot of what it looks like:

And this is what I want to do:

Thank you for help

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mm, i am not familiar at all with the advanced editor since i am not using it myself. I really have no idea how to accomplish that. Hope someone else around would help you.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

SWG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi malcarada,

There are two ways to get the effect you want.

1) Use the regular editor and create two <div> tags; one for the image and the other for the text. You'll also need to create a CSS file to define the <div> properties and link it to the blog. The problem with this technique is you have to be familiar with CSS and it takes longer.

or

2) Use a paint program to create an image with the text already on it and then paste the picture on the blog using the WYSIWYG editor. If you want the search engines to pick up the text, then repeat it under the picture. This technique is easier but you need a paint program.

There's no way that I know of that you can get the effect you want by just using the commands available in the WYSIWYG editor. If you check the properties section in the add window pop up, they show the effect you want when you choose the align left CSS style. If you click the question mark next to the preview it tells you that the align left CSS style must be defined. The WYSIWYG editor puts its own HTML tags in that you don't see on the display and could interfere with your setup. If you're going to start setting CSS styles, you might as well use the regular editor.

If I'm wrong, I'd like someone to share the technique.

I hope this helped.

By the way, would you happen to have the rest of the picture set of the blonde? Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: