Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper
Special Offers
Special Offers
Links Organizer
Links Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
blank blogs with no feed data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bep4life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: blank blogs with no feed data Reply with quote
Well, thought I would get my first blog up this evening, but I am completely stomped. I thought that I followed the tutorials but clearly I am wrong. The two blogs that I tried to post are blank. Now am I correct in assuming that when I finished creating the blogs and downloaded the zip files, I was suppose to upload them into the individual domain folders. I have checked the cron jobs...could not get borposter setup, kept getting an error. Did not see PHP settings, but did find PHP execute in Pinger settings and that looks fine. I am stumped and not sure what to do....help!

bep4life

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey there, probably your host doesn't like the file permissions. Go to "General settings->file permissions" and change to 644 for files, and go rebuild the blogs and see if it will show up fine. Could be and your host doesn't like remote includes, so you can try with the CURL version of the linking codes.

if no luck, pm me url and pass to your BO admin and i will go and take a look and fix everything to be ready to get you started in blogging

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

bep4life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Atanasis, I switched on the curl settings, rebuilt and posted files and it seem to have worked. I guess DH has does not like php remote includes. Will I experience any latency from using CURL?

Although I am not using remote post, for some reason when I tried to create the cronjob, I received a the following msg:

Please do not make multiple jobs for the same command.

Just wondering if somehow this job already was created and if so, why did none of the other cron jobs auto create.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, if you are on dreamhost, it doesn't like remote includes. no CURL is as much reliable as includes are, no worries.

weird you get such message for the cronjobs. You sure you don't have them added yet?

go in "general settings->system events" and see if you get all necessary messages like:
updater executer
rss feeder executed
remote poster executed..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
actually just went into your BO and seems fine:

[2008-09-12 11:01:11]
Remote Updater executed
[2008-09-12 11:01:01]
Updater executed
[2008-09-12 11:01:01]
RSS Feeder executed
[2008-09-12 00:00:03]
Link Checker executed

start blogging now Smile

bep4life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, once i turned on the CURL function everything started working fine. I am still curious as to why I could not set the borporter.php cronjob on my cpanel? I see that the remote updater is running in the event log, just curious as to how that one got setup remotely and not the others.

Now I just need to spend the weekend customizing my blogs to differentiate them from others and read a few more posts on netpond about optimizing my page and suck. I saw _LB_'s first attempt thread and need to probably implement all of the changes that were suggested by flip.

Do you know if you will create a video tutorial for link organizer or a how-to for editing templates? Although, I have created pages from scratch using photoshop and dreamweaver, but I need to really study the design layouts before creating better graphics for blog headers and such. I think I will have to copy and paste html source code in dreamweaver and get my study on. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: