Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
New templates out soon ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: New templates out soon ? Reply with quote
I was wondering if you will have new templates coming out soon ?
Tho, i would rather like that you work on the rssfeeds and the backup features instead ! Laughing

Just asking....
Thanks

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, about the templates, i have said it couple of times regarding templates for all my software. I pretty much like to provide to all my users more templates, since i know its from a big help, but just my business ethics don't allow me to do so. For example for one my other mass production software i have put some free templates, and after a while i saw 80% of the people didn't even bother to modify a bit the templates, and they produced thousands of sites, all looking the same! Everyone knows this influences less sales and drop of productivity because way too many surfers will see sites with same layout, and they will think they came accross the same site all the time, they won't even notice the content is other. Is this our purpose?
So once again, i am providing just few starter templates, to get you a quick idea of what can be done with the product, but if you want to do something really seriously, you should get into remaking the templates and making your own.

I have nothing against anyone, just i don't like screwing up everyone's business, because most sites produced with my software will look same.
As I said i know that if i provide more templates, it will help more the users, it will higher the interest in my software and even will increase my sales, but i am not after that, because for me matters the business of everyone individually.

About the RSS Reader, its been upgraded and now it support almost most types of rss feeds. Have you upgraded to v 2.2? If not try it out. On any problemable feeds, proceede as usual, pass them to me and i will be looking at them and extending the rss reader of BO.

The backup feature is on development and will be available in probably next script update.

Btw looks like a new version of the script might come sooner than i thought up Smile

Let me know if you have any more questions..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

nottslad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think on most peoples part it's not an unwillingness to change the templates around due to laziness it's more the lack of expertise.

As for myself I'm really only just learning how css works and while I can change column sizes, fonts, colors etc anything more fancy than that and it's beyond me.

Have you considered perhaps selling some more intricate templates? I know I'd certainly buy some.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, you are correct man, i know that the lack of expertise is the bigger problem than the laziness...

Well, as HTML in the past became mandatory the CSS now is becoming, so anyone who learns it, will be a great value for him for whole life for sure!

Well, i personally i am not that good in CSS myself, and i haven't made the sample templates myself, but i have paid to a designer to do them. I am still looking for someone cheap and qualified enough with CSS designer, who i can recommend to my users who wish to get some qualified templates done just for them. Pretty soon i hope i will be able to come up with a solution on this manner..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

tgs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Humm i didn't think about the fact that thousands of blogs would look the same !!!
You're right !
Maybe selling them could help ?

I will upgrade the software (i didn't notice that it was available lol...)
But i'm lost a bit, can we update or there is still a bug ?
Do we wait or we can go ahead and pickup 2.2 ?

CHEERS !

Oh yeah mate, don't forget to put out a backup feature in case of a crash or server move.

Wink Wink

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey there, well yeah..but i still can't find a good and reliable css skilled designer to offer you for paid templates..as soon as i find one, you will hear about it..

yes, the v2.2 is fine to be installed. you don't need to patch it, if you haven't yet upgraded to it. The patch released was for v2.2, but only for people who upgraded to it the 1st day after it is released..now the upgrade package is fixed up..

Let me know on any problems..

nottslad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I upgraded to 2.2 and no probs Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: