Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Plug Rush
Plug Rush
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Tables crashing several times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
intexxxhib

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Tables crashing several times Reply with quote
I just got this response from my host:

""I shut it down and did a full repair on everything, try it now.

This database generates a ton of slow queries, it has a lot of tables with >100000 rows. boposts has over 200,000 and boblogposts has over 600,000. Some of your queries are exceeding 60 seconds to run which is probably why some things are so slow. Pruning those down would probably help, it doesn't seem to scale up that well posts wise

If you want any output from the slow query log just let me know. The problem with them is that while they are running, the hard drive is 100% busy and everything else is waiting for it

That shouldn't be causing corruption though, that was just a side note I noticed while I was in there. Let me know if it happens again""

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There must be something server specific if your tables crash pretty often. I have seen such thing before a year or two on a client's server who had like 10-20 blogs and no load at all..

You can pm me some of the slow queries to take a look at.

Generally the database is setup pretty optimized way, though if you have really lots of blogs, lots of traffic and lots of content performance might start decreasing.

Also when you have so much content and you get performance decrease you might want to look at your mysql configuration and see if it is optimized properly. Like enabling cache, threads, buffer sizes, key sizes and etc..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

intexxxhib

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's the latest:
"Should be back up now. I was seeing some segmentation faults which was weird, I'm not sure what caused that since it is a virtual machine and can't really possibly have failing hardware (the other VMs would have died too)

Possibly a rare xen bug or something else, I'll keep an eye on it and watch for any more segfaults"

AND

"The slow queries are the biggest problem, you could have an unlimited huge server and still take it to its knees with a few bad queries or bad database layout

I don't see much issue due to lack of ram, but the database going corrupt is still pretty weird. It shouldn't really do that even if it was heavily loaded down"

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, as i told its not normal for tables to be crashing. So is saying and your host support.

About the slow queries, i will need a log of them pm'ed to me, so i can look at them and see what i could do about them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

intexxxhib

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
yeah, as i told its not normal for tables to be crashing. So is saying and your host support.

About the slow queries, i will need a log of them pm'ed to me, so i can look at them and see what i could do about them.

Ok, I PM'd a text file to you

Thanks

intexxxhib

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK,

I just PM'd the correct one

thanks

intexxxhib

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:

Hi Kaktusan

I was assured the text file is the one for slow queries.
I just re-sent it.

Thanks for your time,

Brian
Very Happy Very Happy

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, yeah i got it. I will be inspecting it by tomorrow and will let you know..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: