Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper
Links Organizer
Links Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Image Management Function?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tombarr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Image Management Function? Reply with quote
I am using BO to manage a network of 37 blogs.. small by comparison to many networks. I've been using the image upload function of the script and then using BO to hand write posts for all the blogs.

Now that I've made a bunch of posts, i've got all the uploaded images still in the Images Library area that are used in the posts on the blogs. Suddenly it occured to me that there appears to be no way to manage these images. I can't delete them because they then are removed from active posts. There is no folder management to sort them by blog. The more posts I make, the more images are in this increasingly lengthy list of library images. At some point it's going to become very cumbersome to find images that I want to add to specific posts.

Are there image and file management features of this "iBrowser" image upload function that I'm just not seeing? I can see this becoming a problem in the future if there are not with hundreds and even thousands of images being kept in this constantly growing list.

Any help out there or suggestions on how to manage this ?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there,
yeah i understand your problem and future concerns.

Yes, i think there is image management functions in the ibrowser, but i have them disabled, because to create subdirs and stuff to manage the libraries with images, the user manually need to edit the ibrowser config file. That will cause lots of headaches, so i left it for future version to try to make somehow web editor for the config file, so people easily can create libraries and sort their thumbs. I am currently working on new version of BO, so can try to make it for this release.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Northstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also hope this update comes soon. With no way to sort images it is very annoying posting images when you have to look thought all the images you ever posted just to find the one you want. There has to be a be a better way. Could you just have a image upload that works like WP? The way it is now the risk of accidentally deleting image posts is very high.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep, i will do my best on this. Yep, will take a look how it looks like in WP

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

msm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, I was doing a search on "File Management" and found this string from last summer. Did any file mangement options make it into the latest BO release? I can't seem to find any. It would help a lot if I could create the folder that images are saved in after I upload them, like the file mangement option provided in WordPress.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"general settings->wysiwyg settings", and there click on the link on the very bottom

msm

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perfect... thanks!

But this leads to two other questions:

1.) When I use Windows Live Writer or Blog Post Builder I notice that these programs created a folder called "uploads" and then a subfolder "09" and another folder for the month, and then images I include in posts with these programs are saved in those folders... that's exactly how I like it!

So in BO, is there any way for my images to go into that "uploads" folder or must I create something in the "boimages" folder? It seems like that in order to get the same organization as with the uploads folder I would have to create a new BO images folder every month.

2. Are all of the images for all of my blogs going to be saved in the same BO folder? Or is there a way to have photos used in each blog saved in its own folder?

If not possible, that might be a nice feature for a future version.

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
the "libraries" - folders you create from the admin panel are for use only when you manually upload images from the "add new post" screens in BO.

When you upload images from the remote api - ie using some sort of remote blogging program, like you use live writer.. BO automatically makes subfolders in /bo/boimages/uploads/YEAR/MONTH and there it uploads the images.

all images are saved in "boimages" folder. At your blogs they don't appear with url like http://yourdomain.com/bo/boimages/image.jpg for example, but like http://yourblog.com/pic-image.jpg
and with htacess rewrite it reads it from the boimages folder..

Jarmusch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to bump this oldish post, but..
Atanasis wrote:

When you upload images from the remote api - ie using some sort of remote blogging program, like you use live writer.. BO automatically makes subfolders in /bo/boimages/uploads/YEAR/MONTH and there it uploads the images.

I was trying BlogPostBuilder and made a post with an image, but BO didn't create the 'uploads/year/month' folders. Do they have to be created manually?

Atanasis wrote:

all images are saved in "boimages" folder. At your blogs they don't appear with url like http://yourdomain.com/bo/boimages/image.jpg for example, but like http://yourblog.com/pic-image.jpg
and with htacess rewrite it reads it from the boimages folder..

I was also wondering about this. Does this trick google into thinking the image is hosted on the blog domain?

If someone comes to your blog through google images and clicks on the 'See full size image' link, what url appears in their address bar? The blog url or the BO url?

Thanks

Last edited by Jarmusch on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, those folders should be created automatically. Is folder 'boimages' chmod to 777?

All images on the blog appear as they are hosted on the blog. Surfers and Google see the images urls on the blog, not on the BO install url..

Jarmusch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes 'boimages' was set to 777. I created the 'uploads' folder manually and now Blog Post Builder is able to create the year and month folders and upload images to them. I guess it needed a little push.

About the url of images, on the blog the path of an image is http://myblog.com/image.jpg but if I copy that url to a new browser window or drag the image to a new browser window, the url in the address bar changes to http://mydomain.com/bo/boimages/image.jpg

I imagine this also happens when someone is viewing your site through a google images frame and clicks on the 'See full size image' link? If so, can google also detect the real location of the image through this method?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, it should have autocreated it..

about the images..yes probbaly google can find the real url of the image, but it doesn't affect you anyway..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: