Kaktusan Cash
Kaktusan Cash
Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
generate html pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunkmoney

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: generate html pages Reply with quote
is there any way to setup BO to generate HTML pages after it does its update? This would make server loads go down massively.

If not, can I add this as a feature request please.

thanks
Luke

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, it produces .php pages, so that people can easily use php inside their blog templates and stuff. Generally blogs don't deal with high amount of traffic. Most times blogs are runing 50 hits a day, and pretty rarely someone has a blog with 500-2000 hits a day. So all these things doesn't generate any signifficant load, and thats why i decided to go with .php files.

Will be thinking for .html extension, but till now honesly, haven't seen any big need of it because whole system works pretty lightweight..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

hunkmoney

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
50-100? thats surprisingly low. I have several of my own blogs that get thousands of hits daily. Plus, I was thinking about it mainly for my blogs running the affiliate module. I am already seeing ~1500 visitors a day per blog and they have only been online for a few days. I suspect others running blogs for affiliates encounter the same or more traffic.

BO is a great system, maybe you can add this to the "features request" list for future consideration Smile

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, traffic is different for everybody, i am just telling you general numbers to what i see most people have.. yes for affiliated blogs it will be kinda more, coz affiliates are urged to send traffic, but again how much it could receive? lets say 10k a day, i still don't see any reason for increasing significantly the server usage. Blogs are lightweight types of sites. just compare a load on a blog and on a tgp/mgp site for example..

yes, i am writing it down in my todo list Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

hunkmoney

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not arguing with you, after all, you know your product better than anyone else....its just a suggestion, thats all Very Happy

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, i am not arguing too, i am just saying technical results Smile

thanks for your suggestions and good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: