Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Something Wierd Appearing In Cron Jobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kill4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Something Wierd Appearing In Cron Jobs Reply with quote
I just had a look in General Settings >> Cron Jobs and seen this along with my other cron job codes

0 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -q /web/sites/cfnmparty/cfnmparty.co.uk/lo/locron.php >> /dev/null

cfnmparty.co.uk is not my site and don't know who owns it, why would this be appearing in my cron jobs?

Also my cron jobs argent working, although in General Settings >> Cron Jobs
it shows the current Active Cronjobs List and all apear there. Should i contact my host about this?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
huh, thats strange indeed. The only explanation i could think of is the user under the cronjobs are added to, is shared for all web users or something on the server happened and caused that. Yeah, you will need to contact your host support to fix your cronjobs...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

kill4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
huh, thats strange indeed. The only explanation i could think of is the user under the cronjobs are added to, is shared for all web users or something on the server happened and caused that. Yeah, you will need to contact your host support to fix your cronjobs...

Just sent them a ticket.

kill4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, my host set up my cron tabs, i didn't know how to do it they said they would set them up and did.

So they said all should be working now. I set up a scheluded post to be posted in 1 minute and the post didn't show up, tried agian didn't show up. So i sent another email to my host saying the crons didn't execute, this is what the told me T

"the logs are showing that the crons are running, so it must be the
scheduled scripts which are not working properly."

Crying or Very sad

What should i do now? Maybe over writing the upgrade would help? or would i loose my blogs?

Thanks, Louis.

kill4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got it fixed! I found out what the problem was. The first version of bo i got was installed in a folder called "blog-o" and when i updated to the new version i changed the directory's name to "bo", and when i would go to the General Settings >> Cron Jobs it still showed the cron job code pointing the scripts in the "blog-o" directory witch was no longer there, so i changed the directories name back to "blog-o" as it was in the beginning and rebuilt my blogs and so forth and all is working now, crons are being executed and post are being shown Wink

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cool, so all working now, right?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

kill4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
cool, so all working now, right?

Hey, sorry i didn't post earlier, yes all was working fine, then my host did some upgrades, and now my crons aren't working no more, and i cant create new post or update any html on my blogs Sad

Last night sent them a ticket saying, my crons quit working, they emailed me back saying sorry, they have been restored, so i checked the "System Events" and it shows no crons have been executed. I emailed my host again and asked if they can verify they crons are running every minute, they replied back and ask me to look for myself at the cron logs ,and it shows the crons are being executed every minute, but it's not showing in bo Sad What do you suggest? Also what could cause not being able update any html in blogs or create new post?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i see..

well, in your current situation, depending on what upgrades they might have done, when there is nothing new in the system events then for sure the cron files have some problems. Ask your host to execute one of the cronjob from the unix command line and see if they will get any error on output. After that check your system messages if something new appeared when your host executed it by hand from the command line.

As about the problem not being able to post anything new its probably due to permissions problems in all folders and contents of directories "boblogs", boposts,bofeeds,bomaps,boimages

kill4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
i see..

well, in your current situation, depending on what upgrades they might have done, when there is nothing new in the system events then for sure the cron files have some problems. Ask your host to execute one of the cronjob from the unix command line and see if they will get any error on output. After that check your system messages if something new appeared when your host executed it by hand from the command line.

As about the problem not being able to post anything new its probably due to permissions problems in all folders and contents of directories "boblogs", boposts,bofeeds,bomaps,boimages

I was gonna ask, about that, um, do those directories need to be 777 and the files inside the directories? or just the folders themselves?

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
directories need to be 777, files inside should be 666 atleast..

kill4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atanasis wrote:
directories need to be 777, files inside should be 666 atleast..

That did the trick they found the error, it was with zend optimizer, it also affected updating html i think because now i can update html and post new post Smile

Thanks!

Atanasis
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, cool, i see.. they forgot to enable zend optimizer for the command line php executable..

good luck Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheapest Web Software Support Area Forum Index -> Blogs Organizer All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: